Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Sarah — Desoto Texas United States of America
Choice Home Warranty
510 Thornall Street Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Choice Home Warranty Refused to honor their Total Coverage Plan, This company is a scam Edison , New Jersey

I was with AHS for 10 years, when they increased their rates I signed up with Choice Home Warranty, BIG MISTAKE.

I signed with CHW July 2012 ($525. in advance for Total Plan). In Dec. 2012 a pipe under my sink spring a leak, Choice sent a tec out and in 10 seconds he told me that this was not covered by Choice, I paid him $45.00 and took the matter up with Choice and they advised me to READ MY Contract! After that reply I requested them to cancel and a refund for the remaining 7 months. I was told that it would cost me $50 for administrative fees and I said OK.

By Jan. 13, 2013 I had not received a refund so I called and asked if I was still covered and I was told that I was covered. I told them that my Hot water heater was leaking and I needed service. The plumber that they contacted was about 60 miles away but they did call me back when I told them my problem they advised me that Choice did not replace hot water heaters, "sure they do I said, it's right here on my contract". So I called Choice back the next day and sure enough they only repaired hot water heaters. Now how do you repair a hotwater heater? You don't! Again Choice told me to read my contract.

Although the sales person that sold me this plan told me that if an appliance could not be repaired Choice would replace it I have found that Choice is just a Ripoff. If I had stayed with AHS I would have about $1200 still in my account. Now this is not an endorsement for AHS they too have their problems but they have done most of the things that their contract stated. I got suckered in by a few $$ saving but really all I did was contribute to their SCAM. If you value your home and want your stuff protected stay as far away from Choice Home Warranty as possible.

I have always read reviewed before a major purchase, the one time that I didn't I got scammed. If I had read the reviews I would have known that hundreds of people have made the same mistake that I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Choice-Home-Warranty-Refused-to-honor-their-Total-Coverage-Plan-This-company-is-a-scam-E-996616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty