depth

• Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: 1866AK — buffalo United States of America
Choice Home Warranty
510 Thornall Street Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Choice Home Warranty Total Scam Artists-Collect Fees-Then Refuse Service Edison, New Jersey

This Firm is a total fraud.  They are very responsive when setting up service as expected.  Then as soon as a service call was requested I received an immediate claim number and they said someone was being sent out.  I never heard back from them for 4 days.  Then when I called to inquire about what was going on I was put on hold for over 45 minutes (obviously they want to have people get frustrated and hang up) then when finally was able to reach someone the lies began.  I spoke with a Jonathan #8244 who would not give me his full name nor the contact details for the owner (James Moss).
I discovered a leak in my bathroom and called for service on Friday.  Then Jonathan told me I reported several leaks throughout the house and that that was impossible to happen.  Then he said someone called and cancelled the service agreement on the same day as the service call was put in.  Then he said tried to lie about the day the phone call was made because that would have been prior to warranty going into effect.  When I told him I had an email with time and date of call he recanted that.
He was looking for any excuse to say they were not sending out a service technician.  What kind of home warranty says they do not believe when a home issue occurred without having someone come and take a look at  the particular issue or home?
I never received any emails except that a technician was being assigned, my warranty was paid for month and when I started the account.  Any other changes would have and should have been emailed as well.
They are complete liars. Do not trust your home warranty to them at all!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Choice-Home-Warranty-Total-Scam-Artists-Collect-Fees-Then-Refuse-Service-Edison-New-Jers-834585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty