Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Updated: Thu, April 05, 2012

• Reported By: Scammed!! — San Antionio Texas United States of America
Choice Home Warranty
San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Choice Home Warranty Choice Home Warranty - Just about everything is listed as "excluded" in the clause San Antonio, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Help with your Choice Home Warranty Problem!

*Author of original report: Informed company I signed up for the Total Plan coverage

*Consumer Comment: Easy resolution

Filed a claim with Choice Home Warranty - my airhandler is not working.  A local  company went out and looked at the problem they submitted the problems I was having with my air conditioning unit.  Air Handler, thermostat and unit outside had a leak.

None of these items were covered.  The person placed me on hold and said I would speak to a supervisor.  It was the same person trying to disguise his voice, was very rude, and basically told me that all I had to do was cancel if I was unhappy.  He seemed to find every "excluded" item mentioned in the clause to state that the problem with my airhandler was the leak, but the air handler is not working,  not due to the leak but they based their decision on this.  They also stated I did not sign up for the Total Package in which I did.  Just that they were arguing with me made me realize that this is not where I wanted to invest my money.  He canceled my plan and hung up on me - I have never been so unhappy with any company.

Basically this company doesn't cover any appliances - he said read the fine print!!!!! and never apologized.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/San-Antonio-Texas-/Choice-Home-Warranty-Choice-Home-Warranty-Just-about-everything-is-listed-as-excluded-860025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty

Help with your Choice Home Warranty Problem!

AUTHOR: sammiller - (United States of America)

File a complaint with the TEXAS REAL ESTATE COMMISSION (TREC), they are NOT licensed to sell in Texas under Choice Home Warranty. File a complaint the Texas ATTORNEY GENERAL and the NJ ATTORNEY General, who has a current OPEN active case against Choice Home Warranty.

File a claim with the BBB and write your state senators and representatives and let them know how Choice Home Warranty has taken advantage of YOU!

Informed company I signed up for the Total Plan coverage

AUTHOR: Read the fine print - doesn''t cover - (United States of America)

After I informed them that I had  the Total Plan coverage,  Choice Home Warranty still said none of the items were covered, practically arguing with me - not very professional.  When I tried to speak he said - "oh I thought you were finished speaking - I'll remain silent" When I asked them what is covered - he angrily said - the unit has to break completely to be covered through Choice Home Warranty.  He cancelled my plan and hung up on me.

Easy resolution

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"They also stated I did not sign up for the Total Package in which I did."

Did they still make that claim when you presented your copy of the Total Package agreement?