Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: Dan — San Tan Valley Arizona
Choice Home Warranty
510 Thornall Street, Edison, NJ, 08837 , Select State/Province USA

Choice Home Warranty The expert sitting at the desk knows more than the technician in the field Edison New Jersey

*General Comment: I am looking into these issues

Choice Home warranty had denied my claim for A/C repair, they have determined that it was a "pre-existing" condition. The system worked fineuntil mid June then becan not to keep the home cool. I called for service, they sent out their preferred contractor who found the system to be 2 pounds low on freon. He did a leak test and did not find any leaks, he then filled the system and stated that the system was probably not full from the time it was new.

I provided CHW with the home inspection from December when I purchased the home and a letter from their "Preferred Contractor" stating that this was not a pre-existing condition and that the system simply failed. The guy sitting behind a desk in New Jersey has a crystal ball that lets him make determinations and predictions of how things have happened.

The cost for the repairs was over $1500, I wish I had done more research before purchasing the warranty from CHW. I have gone to several consumer sites and have found pages of complaints about CHW and noticed that many of the complaints are about Heating and Air Conditioning systems, it appears their standard policy is to deni any claim for these systems.

CHW has offered me $200 as a "goog faith" jesture, but when I tild them I would cancel the warranty with them they said they will not pay this either.

In my opinion they have no intention to pay for repairs on HVAC systems, they just collect the money for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Select-StateProvince/Choice-Home-Warranty-The-expert-sitting-at-the-desk-knows-more-than-the-technician-in-the-1070007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty

#1 General Comment

I am looking into these issues

AUTHOR: George - ()

I have spoken with others with similar complaints and am investigating.  Please call me at 713-498-1120.