Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: mredd — West Chester Ohio United States of America
Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty Incomplete Service , Internet

I purchased an extended warranty from this company a year ago and just allowed it to expire without renewal.

In May 2012 I submitted 2 service requests.

For the first service request, I had a problem with my Maytag washer. When the technician came out, he inspected the machine and stated that he had to order parts and replace the feet.  I paid the $45 service fee to the technician and he left.  I called the technician in early July and was told the parts would be in soon. The last few calls to the technician went to voicemail with no return status. 3 months after the technician was first out to check on the Maytag, I contacted Choice Home Warranty and was told that I would be contacted by the technician. I was also told by Choice Home Warranty that they would hold payment to the technician until the problem was corrected.  After another month, I contacted Choice Home Warranty again and was told that if I cancelled the request, I would be paid $108 to have the work done by whomever I chose. Immediately after the call, I ordered the parts on line and within a few days the parts arrived and I completed the required work.

On the second service request, my home air conditioner went out over the Memorial Day Weekend. When the technician came out, after checking the Air Conditioner, he found that I had a bad breaker in my electrical panel. He did not have a replacement breaker on his truck so he left. Again, I paid the $45 service fee to the technician.  I went to the local hardware store, bought and replaced the breaker.

My hope is that no one has the poor quality or should I say lack of response from such a heavily advertised service company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/internet/Choice-Home-Warranty-Incomplete-Service-Internet-982239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty