Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Reported By: cha — Texas United States of America
Choice Home Warranty
510 THORNALL ST. Internet United States of America

Choice Home Warranty NON PAYMENT FOR SERVICES RENDERED, Internet

January 2010 we were contacted by Choice Home Warranty to offer services to their customers. We have been providing services thru Residential Service Contracts since 1997. So, this type of work, contact, authorization was quite common for this industry. Over the course of 2010 we found ourselves still waiting for payments. We were advised to "FAX" the invoices once work had been completed. We did. In September, 2010. 9 months after we began offering HVAC services to Choice's customers. We found ourselves still waiting for payments. We spoke with a Rep. Stan Goodspeed. Whom stated You have to sign up as a contractor to receive payments. We reiterated to him we have been contacted by Choice over 20 times in the past 9 months, and have provided service, retained authorization, and have yet to receive ANY form of payment from Choice for RESIDENTIAL HVAC services rendered to Homeowners.

I was advised we had to sign an agreement 9 months AFTER the fact in order to be paid. So, we did. In November we contacted Stan Goodspeed asking where the funds were. He said, OH FAX THEM. I expressed we have multiple times. OH, well fax them to me. So, we did. December I was assured in a telephone conversation we are working on getting the check cut, but due to the holidays we are running behind. January 2011 came and went, I left msgs. for Stan Goodspeed in February. Shortly after that, Mr. Goodspeed called me back and said." Being these invoices are now over a year old could we maybe offer a discount on some of them." We went over every invoice, and we did offer 2.00 off this work order, 8.00 off of that work order. I was assured that we would receive funding in 2 payments beginning with a check in the amount of: $924.00 and this was told to me on the 25th of March 2010.

Then, after that check we would receive another payment for: $370.00, and 1 week after that payment was received, we would receive another payment in the amount of: $385.00.

April 21, 2011 9:10am. I spoke with Mr. Goodspeed. He assured me the check would be sent to me immediately. The check I received was backdated to April 18, 2011 in the amount of: 924.00. Which was the first of multiple installments. ALSO, we were asked to CONTINUE TO OFFER SERVICES while all the money issues were being worked out. This was the ONLY payment EVER RECEIVED by Choice Home Warranty. I had called multiple times, Left multiple voicemails, and emails to Stan Goodspeed. In May 2011, I reiterated in an email to Mr. Goodspeed that I needed confirmation that another payment has been made to continue to offer his customers service.  In June 2011, I spoke to Mr. Goodspeed. His reason for non payment was: " I heard you told a customer we did not pay our bills!" I asked him for such a customer's name, etc. He said I am not obligated to tell you, and GOOD LUCK GETTING THE REST OF YOUR MONEY."  Everyone should be aware of such businesses such as Choice Home Warranty. We are owed several hundred dollars for services rendered. $1,399.00 to be exact.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2011 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/internet/Choice-Home-Warranty-NON-PAYMENT-FOR-SERVICES-RENDERED-Internet-770513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty