Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: Cassandra Bannister — White Plains Maryland
Choice Home Warranty
Internet USA

Choice Home Warranty Warranty Dissatisfaction - Involving AC Unit Edison New Jersey

I have a complaint about the services that was provided by Choice Home Warranty.

I received the run-around for the 4 weeks. The company that they sent to my home to diagnose why my Air Conditioning was not operating properly had to come to my home three times; had to get three authorization approvals from Choice; and at the end I was told something completely different from what I was originally told.  Again, no mistake from me, the CUSTOMER, but from the company they sent out who misdiagnosed problem the first time.

The company provided two options to resolve my claim; however, Choice Home Warranty refused to entertain the two options provided to them by the company and switched up the original authorization by electing to only cover $655 for an evap coil and nothing further.

Both the company and I spent several hours on several occasions communicating with Choice Home Warranty representatives.  I also asked to speak with a supervisor or someone in a higher position to communicate my issue and concerns; and my requests were denied every time.

I must say again and again...Choice Home Warranty does not care about the CUSTOMER, I honestly feel they are in business only to receive the warranty renewal fees (money)! I had to contact them every time to find out the status of my long overdue pending claim. I never once received a call from them the entire 4 weeks. What kind of company does that? A company that do not care!

To top it off - I assume it is time for me to renew my warranty with their company because their other department continuously keeps calling asking me if I want to renew.  As I've stated to them, I am very livid and very dissatisfied with the services provided to me as a Choice Home Warranty Customer; therefore, for them to please notate in ALL DATA SYSTEMS to make sure ALL their REPRESENTATIVES are notified to STOP calling me and asking for me to renew!  The answer is a “definite Heck NO”!

FYI – I purchased the home warranty 2 years ago (renewed once). I called to report my air unit was not properly cooling my home. They sent out a service tech and he said my unit was grounded therefore, I needed a new compressor.  After several attempts to get an authorization, Choice Home Warranty finally authorized to replace the compressor; however, I would have to pay for the flushing and other work totaling $545.  The tech came out to replace the compressor, just to realize that there was a leak in the cooling agent.  The tech called his supervisor (the owner of the company) to come to my house.  Once the owner performed further inspection, I was told my unit is old and they will need another authorization from Choice Home Warranty.  He then contacted Choice Home Warranty and told them the outdoor compressor is burned out due to short cycling caused by low refrigerant levels in the system that was caused by a hole in the aluminum coil at the air handler. The leak was due to normal wear and tear. Both the compressor and coil will need to be replaced. They’re unable to obtain the factory A-coil due to discontinuation of the coil. However, they can install an after market coil with a few duct modifications and a TXY valve. They also provided Choice Home Warranty three separate estimates. However, after the owner was on the phone for over an hour Choice Home Warranty stated they refused to pay for new compressor and price quoted for R-22 coil and the request will have to go back through review.  Mind you, that was a Friday evening.  I contacted Choice Home Warranty Monday morning to be told that they denied the replacement of a new unit and will only cover $655 for an evap coil and the other option that the owner discussed was not in their system (so they don’t know what I’m talking about).  My claim was left their, I’m still in dispute…in the meantime suffering from no AC and the weather is only getting warmer outside.

Choice Home Warranty is definitely a RIP OFF!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/internet/Choice-Home-Warranty-Warranty-Dissatisfaction-Involving-AC-Unit-Edison-New-Jersey-1050807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty