Complaint Review: Choice Hotels

• Submitted: Thu, December 13, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: TC — Kearney Missouri United States of America
Choice Hotels

Choice Hotels Comfort Inn, Comfort Suite, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban, Econolodge, Rodeway Inn, Ascend Best internet rate advertisement if a hoax, joke and scam Internet

*Consumer Comment: BRG baloney

*Consumer Comment: Not proof

I booked a hotel room at Comfort Suites using the choicehotels.com website. The room was $85.00 a night. The next day I came across the same room at easytobook.com at $83.00 a night. As per the requirement by Choice Hotels, I submitted an e-rate form with my confirmation number, Choice Hotels membership number, along with the reason for the claim. They just sent me back that the claim was denied stating that they show the room rate was the same, OK. I called the phone number on the e-rate form response e-mail and they told me the room rate was the same, OK. I asked the lady to give me her e-mail address and I would send her a screenshot of the rate. She said that they can't take screen shots, OK. I then asked her to open her web broswer so I could navigate her to the same page I was looking at, she said that she couldn't do that. This was very disappointing, but a valuable lesson. Time to move my business travels to a different hotel chain. I thought everyone should know a little behind-the-scenes detailes about the Choice Hotels brand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Hotels/internet/Choice-Hotels-Comfort-Inn-Comfort-Suite-Quality-Sleep-Inn-Clarion-Cambria-Suites-Mai-981578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Hotels

BRG baloney

AUTHOR: mikedom - ()

I too found a cheaper rate online for a Comfort Inn Suite online in Denver. The denied the my claim stating that when they checked the rate it was higher then their rate. the rate indeed did change. So I sent them proof of my reservation which had the date it was made on it and the said that they could not accept that. As I wrote to them again stating that I thought this was a ripoff the I found another rate that was lower than the one they were advertising.

i believe that they award very few free nights with there BRG. They have 24 hours to get back to you so they wait for the rates to change in hopes that they can get out of their guarantee.

mikedom

Not proof

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The screenshot you show of the $83 rate does not show a specific day, or room type.  If you look at the price even further it appears to be an ad for the site you mentioned, and who knows where they were getting the $83 from.  Because as an experiment I went to that site and put in Jackson(OH?) and that site came up with 0 hotels.  If there is any complaint...baring any further detail..it should be on that site for posting false prices.

So perhaps you should actually try to go to that site, find that exact hotel, for that exact night and room type to see what price they come up with.   When you do, go ahead and post the screenshot of that detail.  If you do in fact get the $83 rate, then you have a valid(although for $2 a petty) complaint.

spirits