suite

• Reported By: Amalia — Sun City West Arizona
ChoiceHotels
Internet USA

ChoiceHotels $50.00 gift card internet

I found a promotion with Choice Hotels. If you stay two separate nights you could get a $50.00 gift card good at selected merchants.  I stayed on 6/29 and 7/6.  Last week I checked the status of my $50.00 gift card.  First they stays were not showing on my account.  I had to request the stays to be posted.  When they were posted the points for one of the stays was posted to an United airline card and the other to an Alaska airlines account.  I do not have a card for Alaska or United airlines.  Then they said it was the US airline card. I did not ask for the points to be posted to my airline card.  Their response-

I apologize for the misunderstanding. As you have mentioned in your response, you do not have a United Airline account, I confused the name of the airline. However the account that is listed in your preferences is your US- (number removed) account, which is the account where your stay on 07/06/13 went to.

At this time the 250 miles have been already submitted, therefore I am not able to award you with points for the stay

in question. I truly regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your inquiry. I appreciate your membership with Choice Privileges.

Karla

Email Resolution Desk.

I have asked them to give me the $50.00 gift card because of their error.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ChoiceHotels/internet/ChoiceHotels-5000-gift-card-internet-1070550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ChoiceHotels