Complaint Review: ChoicePrivileges

• Updated: Tue, July 30, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — Caldwell Idaho
ChoicePrivileges
, Select State/Province USA

ChoicePrivileges, ChoiceHotels.com $50 gift card promotion - more like "bait and switch" Phoenix Arizona

ChoicePrivileges.com redirects to choicehotels.com and has a promotion advertised that they will give you a $50 gift card for Amazon, gas stations and restaurants. The requirements are to book through the web site and have 2 separate 2 day stays between certain dates. I booked 2 separate stays, each 2 days between the required dates. I booked through their web site as required. Even though it cost me more than other discount travel sites it would be a better price with the $50 gift card. I presented my membership card at check in as required. I can see both trips on their web site, but was not given the $50 gift card. I emailed and asked why. I was told I was not "registered". I have had a membership card and been "registered" as a user on their web site before the contest and the 2 stays for the gift card. Why would they advertise a $50 gift card and then not live up to their advertisement? Unless they really do not want to give out the $50 gift cards to their members. [continued below]....

..... I booked the reservations through them even though it cost more expecting to get the $50 gift card. I did have the required 2 separate 2 day stays booked through their web site. Yet they say I am not "registered" and therefore not eligible.

This tells me that they want to advertise the $50 gift card. Yet they do not want to deliver them. Why would they do this to their members/customers? Why would they want their members to register separately for a $50 gift card? Do they think that some people do not want a $50 gift card???Do they have so little appreciation for their customers that they would try to get out of their advertised bonus by using any means possible?

How many others has this happened to? I am sure I am not the only one and their advertising department can point out how much money they made by not giving out the $50 gift cards due to some technicality in the fine print. Short term gains but long term failure. I will not be paying more to book trips with them anymore and will tell others about the deceptive advertising tactics used.

What do others think? Should a member have to register separately to be eligible for promotions? The only reason I registered on the site was to take advantage of their promotions. Not to be screwed out of them due to some technicality.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ChoicePrivileges/Select-StateProvince/ChoicePrivileges-ChoiceHotelscom-50-gift-card-promotion-more-like-bait-and-switch-1071349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ChoicePrivileges