• Report: #1120018

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: Heather M — woodland park Colorado
Chou Chou Dress
Internet China

Chou Chou Dress ChouChou Dress sells faulty merchandise, only to offer 1/4 of a refund, never gives it to you, and then ignores all contact from you from that point. Internet

I  ordered a dress from chouchoudress.kancart.com in the beginning of December for my sister's wedding which took place at the end of January. It cost me $200, but it looked high quality in the picture. It took over a month to receive the dress, and when it finally arrived, the quality was far less then what I had paid for it (even when the dress was off, it was near impossible to zip it up, due to poor seams at the zipper). But the worst is, that it didn't come close to fitting.  I know my size, and this was about two sizes smaller than what my size is and what I know I ordered. When I emailed asking how to go about returning it, I waited two days only to receive an email from them telling me that I should keep the dress and tailor it to work. It's one thing to tailor a dress that is too big, but another matter entirely to alter a dress to small. In fact, it's impossible without it ending up looking like a tacky patchwork quilt of a dress. So, I emailed again asking a second time for them to give me the return info I need. She emailed me back after another couple days to tell me that if I choose to return, I am responsible to pay for shipping it back, and that I'd need to buy insurance on the package in case it gets lost. At that point, even if the dress gets to them safely, they need to make sure the dress is in mint condition (which because of the zipper, is obviously not), before returning my money (which would be around $160 if you take into consideration the approx. $40 of shipping it to me and back).  All this she said may take several weeks. She then offered me a mere $50 refund (1/4 of what I paid) to keep this broken, useless dress. I'm tired of dealing with this now week long runaround and I agree to the $50. That money was promised to be reflected into my account within the week, and that was a month ago. So I've emailed them several times over these past few weeks inquiring about when they intend to make good on that promise....nothing...no response from them at all. I believe at this point they think they can ignore me, and that eventually I'd get tired of the runaround, and give up. Basically, to sum up: paid $200, faulty quality, faulty sizing, untimely responses, aggressive insistence on keeping said merchandise, unkempt promise to give partial refund, only to ignore any inquiries about it from that point on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chou-Chou-Dress/internet/Chou-Chou-Dress-ChouChou-Dress-sells-faulty-merchandise-only-to-offer-14-of-a-refund-n-1120018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chou Chou Dress