Complaint Review: Chplaptops.com

• Submitted: Sat, August 27, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 14, 2012

• Reported By:somewhere Mississippi
Chplaptops.com
7777 Linda Vista Rd, San Diego, California 92111 San Diego, California U.S.A.

Www.Chplaptops.com All that they promise for your money is a e-book, nothing else San Diego California *REBUTTAL Owner of Company ..This person has been harassing me and posting lies all over the internet

*Author of original report: Crooks finally out of business, never gave out one laptop

*Author of original report: Free Laptops are still not free

*Author of original report: Almost forgot

*Author of original report: Rebuttal and I was correct, it was a SCAM! - The truth will set you free and the liars will eventually get their dues also.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This person has been harassing me and posting lies all over the internet

*Consumer Comment: Change "CHP" to "EZ" and it's the same, different name

So it appears that the truth is a difficult thing for people to grasp. Every time people post anything that might be a little on the risky side it gets deleted about a website that the owners who do not wish others to see it. I have tried to post my thoughts about Chplaptops.com on their forum and all I was trying to do is advise individuals and the dangers of Malware, and other nasty things that pop-up in your browser windows on CHP's forum. Then the powers to be decided to change my word into something that better went with their thoughts. Had my original post been left alone this would have been finished and done, but after receiving emails that would be described as something a child would do I have decided to broaden the scope of these truths.

Read on

So it appears there are a few things that individuals do not wish you to see, while they do publish some of this in the "Terms of Usage", most do not read the terms. If you go to Google.com and do a search for chplaptops. What you will find is a very well crafted advertising listing all over the web, and I do applaud the webmaster for the knowledge he has on getting the search engines to work for the website.

The way CHP's program works is:

You join and pay your money, the only thing that is guaranteed is a E-Book. Then to proceed with the the free laptop you must follow many web links to advertisers and fulfill their requirements. On CHP's forum is a window that will pop up and it is advertised as a browser helper, this is a program that is classified as Malware. For the novice malware is a type of program that can cause great damage to your computer and will be illegal in the United States very soon because these programs have little programs within them that include Spyware, Key loggers and other programs that are not healthy for your computer. These programs will slow down your computer, add in re-directs or will point your computer to another website that the programmer selected not what you want. If you think you might have this on your computer already go to download.com and do a search for Spybot, Seek and Destroy install this program and free up your computer. After we get past the nasty stuff you need to follow the links to build up enough credits for a free laptop. How long does that take, no one knows because CHP has never given anyone a laptop in their entire time on the net. I have asked for that information and they have many reasons of why this information is so secret. ON the website they proclaim themselves as three men who want you to know they will not disappear like EZLaptop, they also promise they will give away these laptops. So far since June 2005 they have had many problems. Somehow everyone's earned points were "accidentally deleted and the powers to be gave everyone 20 points across the board. They also released everyone's personal email that signed up for their service. They also have had problems with Web Hosting Companies as the last one pulled the rug out from under them for reasons unknown to others, and they were down for a period of three days trying to move the Domain Record to a hosting Company that would actually allow them to reside on their server. Another byproduct of joining all those sites to earn your points is spam and huge amounts of it, being fair I am not saying this site causes the spam, although their partners do not only cause your email address to be shared between known spammers this type of promotion also raises the risk of a novice user to have his/her computer filled with spyware, Malware, identity theft, key loggers; etc from other websites.

In the Agreement that Chplaptops.com requires you agree too, this is a few very important things that reside in the Terms.

1: By signing up for Chplaptops you agree to all terms and conditions set forth in this agreement.

2: Chplaptops.com may, at any time, choose to edit, add and/or delete portions of this agreement and impose changes without prior notification of its members.

3: If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate your account without refund.

4: Chplaptops.com will not be liable for lost profits, lost business opportunities, or any other indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Chplaptops.com program, even if Chplaptops.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages.

5: Due to the nature of our business there are many reasons why a prize would be discontinued. It is for this reason that you must agree that all fees you pay Chplaptops.com are for the e-books you will purchase and not as admittance to our free program. None of our prizes can be replaced by cash value. Chplaptops.com does not pay any money to our members via any method.

So it is for this reason I have posted this, not to impact any business but to let individuals know what they are really signing up for when they have dreams for any prize website. The only thing you receive is a electronic book, period.

As my father used to say" If it appears to be too good to be true, it is".

Guitarest
Biloxi, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2005 02:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chplaptopscom/San-Diego-California-92111/WwwChplaptopscom-All-that-they-promise-for-your-money-is-a-e-book-nothing-else-San-Dieg-155171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chplaptops.com

Crooks finally out of business, never gave out one laptop

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

This is exactly why these guys no longer do business, they were crooks.

Free Laptops are still not free

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

As posted a few years ago, CHlaptops disappeared and tried going under a few names; made a few bucks selling their electronic books and after a few people joined their went under. I still say like before; if it sounds too good to be true it is........

Almost forgot

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

I guess being as Tim's case was not as strong as he wanted others to believe I have not hear from any Lawyer about his protecting his rights to SCAM people on the NET

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

As the sands of time click away soon do the comments of individuals who are not telling the truth. CHP Laptops are no longer in business due to not providing those promised laptops. They have been reported to the Police and Feds but like most internet websites, this man who operated under a assumed name has disappeared. I reported this and the only way the Co-Founder could defend himself was to launch his own attack against me. While I could not prevent people from losing money, I hope my notifying this and other sites did hamper his ability to steal from more people.

www.chplaptops.com

The truth will set you free and the liars will eventually get their dues also.

Quick warning it has been posted on the internet that http://3laptops.com also offers free laptops very similar to CHP's scam and it is also posted that this is yet a re-birth of CHP's website but under a different cloak.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Timothy Core - (U.S.A.)

This person has been making the same false claims all over the internet ever since the owner of CHPForum.com (Eddie Kukiela) banned him admitting that he had been making "prank" phone calls to the support line. And threatening a DDOS attack on the forum owner.

1. there are no pop-ups, malware, spyware, adware or viruses on our site.

2. members read emails but are not required to complete any advertiser programs to get a laptop, as stated in our terms and conditions.

3. no ones points were deleted when our site went down for 36 hours on July 2nd

4. "They also have had problems with Web Hosting Companies as the last one pulled the rug out from under them for reasons unknown to others, and they were down for a period of three days trying to move the Domain Record to a hosting Company that would actually allow them to reside on their server."

We have our own server.

5. Emails from CHPLaptops.com go to a locally hosted inbox and do not get sent to actual email addresses.

Now I'm going to insert a section of our terms and conditions to off set what was post by "Guitarest" in his 5th bullet point. to let you all see what he intentionally left out and strung together to make us look bad.

-Due to the nature of our business there are many reasons why a prize would be discontinued. For instance should Sony discontinue a laptop we can no longer offer it as a prize. Should this happen for any reason the prize will be removed from our site as soon as possible, and will be replaced with a comparable item.It is for this reason that you must agree that all fees you pay CHPLaptops.com are for the eBooks you will purchase and not as admittance to our free program. None of our prizes can be replaced by cash value. CHPLaptops.com does not pay any money to our members via any method. CHPLaptops.com only sends out prizes for members that have completed our free advertising program. You may only have one account on the CHPLaptops.com program at a time. Anyone found to have more than one account will have all accounts terminated. You agree that you will pay shipping costs to send your prize to you from CHPLaptops.com.

I know that a site like this will draw out the skeptic and cynic in everyone. All I am asking for is a chance to prove that I am not out to scam anyone.

I want everyone that reads this to know that I am not the same person that ran EZLaptop.com.

After everything that has been posted by "guitarest" in the 18 forum sites I have found so far. I am going to begin Legal Action against "Guitarest". He legal name and address are known to me but I will not post them here. I will not be filing lawsuits against any of the sites that were posted to. Including Rip-off Report. I use Rip-off Report my self and I believe it to be a very valuable site for everyone.

In closing, If you think we are scam artists then please don't join our site. Wait and let us prove to you that we aren't scam artists. But please, everyone, do not twist or terms and conditions, and make up lies to make us look bad.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Change "CHP" to "EZ" and it's the same, different name

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Just another spin on the EZLaptop deal. Quite possibly, the exact same people on both ends. Same scammers, same victims.

lucky