- Report: #1059716
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Chris Cuellar
Chris Cuellar2811 Internet Blvd., Ste 275, Frisco, TX 75034 Grapevine, Texas USA
Chris Cuellar con artist pretends to be Bank of the West Mortgage Dallas Texas
*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Customer
*Consumer Comment: doing the right thing
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Chris Ceullar Works For GSB Mortgage, Inc.
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Consumers that are highly confused!!!
My husband and I were applying for mortgages on-line, as first time buyers, through Federal Housing Authority (FHA). My husband received a call from CHRIS CUELLAR (CON MAN). Somehow CUELLAR found our information and the name of our banking institution from FHA.
CUELLAR represented himself as our bank, BANK OF THE WEST in Nebraska, and began to correspond with us via email regarding applying for a mortgage. My husband gave him more of our personal and financial information. CUELLAR claimed we were pre-approved, but would not put in writing as to how much and for what APR? I did not understand why CUELLAR was asking for more of our financial information if he was a mortgage representative from BOW. That's when I told my husband I need to be cc: on all emails and conferenced in on all phone calls. I contacted our bank. They informed me, they do not have a CHRIS CUELLAR working anywhere in the company of BANK OF THE WEST in Nebraska.
I then began to look at CUELLAR's emails to us. The first shows he worked for BOW.
Senior Mortgage Specialist/ Loan Officer
a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of the West
(866) 996-8953 x1001
In later emails, it shows CUELLAR works for GSB Mortgage out of Texas.
So, I informed CUELLAR that he did not respresent our BOW. Now, he stated his company is a wholly owned subsidiary of BOW. I said, "What company are you with? Because you do not represent BOW? Who employs you?" Finally, CUELLAR admitted to working for GSB Mortgage. I asked, "Then why are you sending emails to us under firstname.lastname@example.org? Who do you work for?" He then, began to accuse BOW of not doing what they are supposed to do in offering us a mortgage, offering us a low APR, and the proper method BOW should handle us. I told CUELLAR, "I have a longstanding relationship with BOW. Who are you to be advising me on what BOW should offer us regarding a mortgage? Since, you ran a credit check our question to you is how much are we pre-approved for and what is the APR?"
CUELLAR became angry that I was asking legitimate questions to determine his identity and who does he represent, until he just hung up.
LESSON LEARNED: Do not give information to anyone calling you claiming you applied for a mortgage with their company. Take their name, number and company name, and do your research.
(1) Check if the company's website;
(2) contact your bank to check if the company is registered with the FDIC (my bank's mortgage department confirmed this for me);
Bank of the West told us that BM Lending is not registered with the FDIC.
GSB Mortgage, Inc in Texas is registered with the FDIC.
(3) then call the company to verify if the person works there;
(4) call that person's extension to speak with them directly or leave a message so they can call you back.
(5) DO NOT TAKE COLD CALLS. A cold call is an unsolicited call from someone claiming you gave your information to them.
Needless to say, after we spoke with CHRIS CUELLAR, told him we found out he did not work for Bank of the West in Nebraska, he emailed us that he was closing out our mortgage application. CHIRS CUELLAR IS A PHONY. HE MISREPRESENTS HIMSELF. HE PRESSURES YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND TO SIGN THIS AND SIGN THAT, BECAUSE HE'S WORKING UNDER A DEADLINE. DO NOT BELIEVE HIM.
Last correspondance from CHRIS CUELLAR:
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2013 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chris-Cuellar/Grapevine-Texas-76051/Chris-Cuellar-con-artist-pretends-to-be-Bank-of-the-West-Mortgage-Dallas-Texas-1059716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)