• Report: #351917

• Updated: Wed, July 16, 2008

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Chris Knowles - Above And Beyond Construction
Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Chris Knowles - Above And Beyond Construction Fraudulent and dangerous "contractor" Seattle Washington

Chris Knowles was supposedly a friend of a close family member and supposedly a licensed contractor. We hired him to build a fence and to install some water lines. He built the cedar fence 6-8 inches to the INSIDE of my property line costing me square footage on my property! The boards did not touch the ground in some places and the posts are not sturdy. They broke the main water line. Instead of renting a trencher to dig the trench for the water, they rented a huge track hoe which completely ripped apart my lawn. He then told me that the equipment he had rented would not allow him to back fill the huge trench and smooth it out and that I would now need to get someone else to do that! If he had rented the correct equipment in the first place there would not be a need for this! He kept demanding money on a daily basis when we had already paid him 1200.00 for labor (all materials were purchased by us). The job was a complete mess and he still demanded a final payment even though the work was not complete and he told us that we would need to find someone else to finish it! He then failed to show up the following day to finish anything. He continued to call demanding money for an unfinished job. This then escalated to harassing phone calls and threats of violence! There is now a report with L&I, The Washington State Fraud Dept. as well as the Snohomish County Sheriff's dept.

At this point my expenses to finish the job and to correct the mess that he made is more than double what we paid him. He should be paying US for the money, time, and effort that we have had to expend to clean up the wreck that he stuck us with. Not to mention, we now live in fear for our safety and the safety of our animals due to his threats. If you see this guy please report him to the Snohomish County Sheriff's dept. as well as the Contractor's Board and the L&I. He is a fraud (no contractor's license), does not know what he is doing, and is violent.

Seattle
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2008 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chris-Knowles-Above-And-Beyond-Construction/Seattle-Washington/Chris-Knowles-Above-And-Beyond-Construction-Fraudulent-and-dangerous-contractor-Seattl-351917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chris Knowles - Above And Beyond Construction

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC