Complaint Review: Chris Luttle

• Updated: Sun, May 26, 2013

• Reported By: Taken — Greensburg Indiana
Chris Luttle
? Greensburg, Indiana USA

Chris Luttle Preformed services that were not complete, and on two occasions have not shown up as promised to fix the problems Greensburg Indiana

*General Comment: Name of Company?

Thursday May 23, 2013 Chris's Sealcoating showed up to repair the cracks left in my blacktop driveway from the harsh winter. Three individuals came to my home, with one being Chris Luttle, the owner. After looking at the driveway told me he would do it for the same as a year and a half ago, and asked me what that was. I instructed him I would need to look it up, but thought it was 700.00. We talked a little bit while the two workers started sealing cracks. I noticed right away that Chris had to keep pointing the cracks out to them and instruct them to get this one, get that one, etc.. I left to go look up my previous payment made to him in September 2011.

After finding my previous payment for this job, I went back outside and told Chris it was 650.00, but was OK with the 700.00, if I got a good job. He assured me that it would be best humanly possible and reassurred me that he stood behind his work. The two young workers were still doing a hit and miss job with Chris instructing them. I gave him his check and told him I would be iniside, if he need andything thinking my presence was making the employees nervous. He made sure I had his phone number and told me how he guaranteed his work.

By the time I got into the house and took a seat at my desk, Christ was driving away and left his two employees to do the work. Not known to me at the time, but Chris headed to my bank and immediately cashed the check before the work was done. About a half hour later the mail man came and the workers were also gone. I went out to collect my mail, walking along side the driveway, I inspected the drive. Many cracks still were present and even found rock pits that did not have any coating in the bottom of them. The drive look good at a distance, but up close the cracks were present and the 700.00 job appeared to be lacking in substance. I called Chris and he said the drive is wet now, which it was, he said let's let it dry and I will come tomorrow, Friday, May 24th and check it and take care of it at the time. Friday I stayed home and mowed. Friday came and went and no Christ, no phone call saying he got tied up. Saturday no phone call and no one showed up. Around two oclock I called Christ and apologized for calling him on a weekend, but wonder, if he had had a chance to look at the driveway. He instructed me that I was the only one to ever question his work and got real huffy with him. I told him I was sorry and may be overly concerned, but would appreciate him checking the drive as he had not seen it after it was finished.  He said he would be there Sunday. I told him I would not be home until 12:00 as we go to church. e said call me when you get home and I told him I would definitely be home by 12:00 o'clock. My wife and I worked  outside all afternoon Sunday afternoon, and no one showed up or called.

In short, Chris is not a man of his word and stands a little too far behind his work, with much lacking in people skills. I will not call him back and would not recommend him to anyone. A few years ago his grandmother, Phyllis Nobbe, told us he was crooked after he took the income from her home to buy his business in return for a place to live for the rest of her life. That lasted about two months before she was living in a senior center, but I gave him the benefit of doubt. sorry now that I did. I do intend to contact a lawyer and may opt for small claims court. I am going to notify the better business bureau and the local schools whom he does work for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2013 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chris-Luttle/Greensburg-Indiana-47240/Chris-Luttle-Preformed-services-that-were-not-complete-and-on-two-occasions-have-not-sh-1054018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chris Luttle

#1 General Comment

Name of Company?

AUTHOR: karmasabitch - ()

What is the name of the company? I did a couple of searches but nothing came up. Also, do you know if he is insured and bonded? If he is a legitamate company is will have a license and insurance number.