Complaint Review: Chris Matherly

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Gringanica — Wauwatosa Wisconsin United States of America
Chris Matherly
27 Sugar Mill Dr. Dallas, Georgia United States of America

Chris Matherly Director of Morel Mushroom Hunting Club Told me my order was in the mail and lied about it Dallas, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Chris Matherly

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Amazing someone can be so harsh...

In early June I ordered a Morel Mushroom cookbook from Chris Matherly who runs the website Morel Mushroom Hunters Club. Chris leads forays of people into the woods to hunt for mushrooms. While I could never go on one of his forays, I thought at least I could order his cookbook.  So I ordered it and the monies were cashed ASAP!! Chris was VERY prompt in getting his money in his pocket.  However I waited and waited and WAITED for that cookbook. So I emailed him and asked where it was and got no response. So I went to his Facebook page and made a comment to the effect that I was having trouble getting my cookbook and was anyone else having this difficulty. It was deleted from his facebook page as soon as he saw it.  Then I called him as he does post his phone number and his response to me when I asked him why I still hadn't gotten his book weeks later was, "Oh, it must have gotten lost in the mail. [continued below]....
....." Well, that didn't exactly warm the cockles of my heart.  I wrote an email asking that he either send me the book or refund my money. No response was given to that request.

My husband and I then went on a 4 day vacation and I was on my computer when I saw that Chris Matherly was online.  I said to him... (This was July 2nd already)- "Chris, my cookbook I ordered from  you still hasn't come yet."  His response was that he had found the addressed envelope between the seats of his car and that he had mailed it THAT DAY!!!  I thanked him, feeling that the issue was now coming to a close since obviously the US postal service didn't mess up- HE did!  So once again I waited and waited and waited- yet another week or so... and NO cookbook.  I Facebook messaged him and he had the audacity to tell me to be patient, that he sent it "media mail".  I Googled what media mail is and it's a service that allows a seller to mail something for a lower rate and thus making the delivery time slower than first class mail.  You would have thought that for the number of times I was asking and asking where my order was that he would give me a break and send it first class.  Nope.  So I threatened on my own Facebook page that I would reveal the name of this shiester right on my public FB page if the goods didn't show up by Friday the 13th of July.  Lo and behold it did... but upon checking the date of when it was taken to the post office was on July 10th, not July 2nd like he lied he did.

At this point I smelled a rat and did some internet research to find out that he has been in trouble criminally for dealing with others in an even worse manner.  I have proof should you request it.  I went on ahead and posted his name all over my Facebook page, which automatically placed it on HIS facebook page which he quickly pulled down since the truth would be embarrasing to his customers, moreso than being posted on MY facebook page who doesn't have the same connections as he does with this clients.  I officially wish to state that Chris Matherly is a liar and a cheat and just because I GOT what I paid for, his manner of doing business with me was unprofessional and rude.  I have now been blocked from making any comments on his YouTube Videos because he wants to sell his forays and make lots of money, despite the fact he totally ripped off one of his customers big time, for which I can supply proof.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2012 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chris-Matherly/Dallas-Georgia-30157/Chris-Matherly-Director-of-Morel-Mushroom-Hunting-Club-Told-me-my-order-was-in-the-mail-an-912377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chris Matherly

Chris Matherly

AUTHOR: WG - ()

That was not nice to belittle this person who had to deal with you and your continued scams. I was also scamed by you like other multiple people who have also said so too. You didn't even bother to read the rules and regulations for this site and used foul language. I went on one of his forays. Paid for dvd's, T-shirts and what not. After over a year of waiting, calling, emailing he tells me someone stole the camera with the footage on it. So he sent me another years foray footage and their T-shirt? Why would I want that? Also, I know he lied about the stolen camera. He took pictures on this camera and video. He posted pictures from this time frame on his website from that very camera!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Amazing someone can be so harsh...

AUTHOR: Chris Matherly - (United States of America)

I certainly wouldn't want to live in her town or get anywhere near her. She is aparently a scorned unhappy, sad, miserable person that just needed someone to lash out against for no real serious reason. In business, shit sometimes happens. She got what she paid for, not as quickly as normal, but this is ridiculous.