Supreme

• Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: Unpaid Roofer — Houston Texas United States of America
Chris Rydlak, DBA Allstate Roofing and Construction
2900 Katy Hockley Cut Off Rd. A102 Katy, Texas United States of America

Chris Rydlak, DBA Allstate Roofing and Construction scam breach of contract non payment Katy, Texas

*Author of original report: Settled

Chris Rydlak/Allstate Roofing and Construction has been holding my earnings hostage for nearly 8 months now under what may be considered a sham agreement between myself and Allstate. I have been paid commissions on only 9 of 20 builds that took place under contracts I sold and managed for Allstate. I was abruptly fired on 6/7/12, and had not collected earnings for 7 weeks at that point, 4/19/12 being the last date of any payment from Allstate collected by me. I filed a claim with the Texas Workforce Commission on 9/6/12 in an effort to resolve this, having been encouraged by a TWC representative to do so, despite my being paid as 1099. In the initial investigation, I was awarded commission on only one of 11 owed. This was due to Mr. Rydlak's admission that the one had been entirely collected in full prior to my dismissal. I appealed, seeking for eventual payment on all 11 owed, not just the one. In the appeal, I was found to be an independent contractor, and the claim was adjourned. I have since requested the claim be withdrawn. I will likely be filing suit very soon, through a lawfirm.There is wording in my agreement with Allstate that implies my not being able to collect earnings on any jobs owed until all are completed and collected in full, hence the initial ruling for only the one by TWC. Yet there is other wording in the agreement that states payment to be made to me by the friday following it's full collection/completion, and "no exception to this rule". Mr. Rydlak stated to the TWC investigator that there were 11 total owed, and 1 yet to be finished. I've confirmed with that final homeowner having finally settling with Allstate, curiously, nearly 7 months after the original roofing job took place. He through his attorney now offers only a small fraction of what I would be due on those 11 commissions to basically "go away". This is cruel joke and frankly, a nightmare. Does anyone reading this smell a scam? It's been 8 months since my termination and over 9 since last collecting any earnings. How much longer will it be if forced to file suit? I'm owed 10's of thousands! I would strongly precaution ANYONE to be very careful with any agreement you would sign with this company or it's owner. I hope he will come clean and pay me ALL of what I'm actually owed and spare us both the hassle of litigation, but I'm not very hopeful of that at this point.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 04:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chris-Rydlak-DBA-Allstate-Roofing-and-Construction/Katy-Texas-77493/Chris-Rydlak-DBA-Allstate-Roofing-and-Construction-scam-breach-of-contract-non-payment-K-1008109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chris Rydlak, DBA Allstate Roofing and Construction

Settled

AUTHOR: Unpaid Roofer - ()

I have settled all my differences with Chris Rydlak, d/b/a Allstate Roofing and Construction.