Complaint Review: Christian Media Associates

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Texas
Christian Media Associates
PO Box 26604 Fort Worth, Texas USA

Christian Media Associates Lona Helm, Don Helm Failure to deliver advertising that has been paid for Fort Worth Texas

In January 2013, I was contacted by a representative of Christian Media Associates named Daron Johnson to review a potential advertising opportunity in my area. I met with Deron Johnson on January 28, 2013 and decided to purchase a half page ad at a cost of $400 for 52 weeks of the publication. I should have known there was a problem when the pricing is so inexpensive like that. Daron informed me at that time that the ad designer would be contacting me within a week to design the ad as the publication was going to press in March. Three weeks went by with no response from anyone at Christian Media Associates. I contacted Daron and he said he didn't know what was going on but would find out. I had to call him again a few days later and he said that he spoke to the owner, Lona Helm and that she was supposed to call me and was surprised that she had not called. I decided to call her and did so leaving a message for her. She did actually return my call. I asked her what was going on and why nobody had contacted me to design the ad. She said that she had told the designer to contact me but apparently she failed to do so. I asked Lona if I could just cancel the ad and have my money back. She rudely informed me that no she would not refund the money and that if I took her court, she would win because people had tried before. I never even mentioned anything about going to court but I guess she assumed I was going to. I finally got a call later that day from the designer named Judith Krantz who lives in Ranger, Texas. I told Judith that Lona said she had told Judith to call me and Judith informed me that Lona had told her no such thing. Apparently she had no idea that she was supposed to contact me. I knew at that point that someone was lying. Judith was actually very pleasant to work with and completed my ad. I asked her when it would start running and she said she would check with Lona and get back to me. She never returned my calls or emails again. In the middle of May, I was at the hospital where the magazine was supposed to be distributed and noticed that they had not arrived yet. I called Lona again and left her a message. (She never will answer the phone). I got an email back that publication for my area had not been published yet. I sent back a response asking when I could expect to see it and never got a response. At the beginning of July, I called again to inquire but of course got the answering machine, left a message and have yet to receive any communication. I started digging around on the internet a came across another company that had filed a complaint against Christian Media Associates. The story was almost identical to mine in that they purchased advertising, have never seen it published and Lona refuses to communicate with them either. There is also an individual named Don Helm (assuming that is Lona's husband). I have his phone number too but he never answers nor returns calls either. At this point, the only determination I can make is that these people are crooks. They have done nothing to prove otherwise. They have my $400 that I paid yet they have not delivered on their advertising publication and apparently other people are in the same situation as me. They refuse to communicate with their customers and the few communications I have had, Lona has been one of the rudest business people I have ever dealt with. These people advertise that they can advertise for churchs and other medical publications. If you are ever contacted by anyone representing them, I would strongly advise you to run the other way. They will take your money, never deliver what they are supposed to and they are extremely rude in the process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Christian-Media-Associates/Fort-Worth-Texas-76126/Christian-Media-Associates-Lona-Helm-Don-Helm-Failure-to-deliver-advertising-that-has-be-1066351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Christian Media Associates