Complaint Review: Christian Mingle.com

• Submitted: Sat, August 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 12, 2012

• Reported By: D — Pasadena Texas U.S.A.
Christian Mingle.com
P.O.Box 540 Internet United States of America

Christian Mingle.com Internet site lets you join free but there is no functionaity unless you upgrad at a charge. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip off

*General Comment: Everybody wants something for free

I joined Christianmingles.com for free.  You populate your profile however if you have a match and the match tries to contact you there is no functionality that will allow you to email or converse with that person unless you upgrad for $10.00 a month.  I think this is a rip off and unethical.

I will have to delete my profile due to my retirement pension does not allow me to give the upgrade money.  I already have an email account however it cannot be given to your match without the upgrade.  This is a waste of time for me now that I have a few matches that have tried to contact me but can't.

I think that the whole picture should be told to subscribers that want to "join".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2012 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Christian-Minglecom/internet/Christian-Minglecom-Internet-site-lets-you-join-free-but-there-is-no-functionaity-unless-925992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Christian Mingle.com

Not a rip off

AUTHOR: John50049 - (United States of America)

I am a member of Christian Mingle and have not found them to be a rip off.  Going into my membership I knew that the free part of the membership was limited. That is the way all the dating sites and many other places on the internet are. If you think it is a company that is going to give you all for free how long do you think they would be in business. People should do better research before joining sites like this. The way they do business is common practice. I find the site to be a very good site. You still have to examine members when you talk to them cause Christian site or not there are going to be crooks out there trying to take people. So it is the people on the site that you need to be very careful with not Christian Mingle. I am not connected in anyway to Christian Mingle. I have meet a wonderful lady on the site that we are becoming very close.

#2 General Comment

Everybody wants something for free

AUTHOR: R - (Canada)

How is this a ripoff or unethical?

Christian mingle is a business. The goal of a business is to make money.They're not going to make any money if they give away their services for free.

Do you walk into a retail outlet and expect to be given items for free? Of course not. Why would this service be any different?