Complaint Review: Christine Mitchell - Team Mortgage Company

• Updated: Thu, April 17, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Grand Rapids Michigan
Christine Mitchell - Team Mortgage Company
500 Cascade Pkwy SE Grand Rapids, Michigan USA

Christine Mitchell - Team Mortgage Company Entirely misleading loan individual and unprofessional mortgage broker Grand Rapids Michigan

*Author of original report: Individual not company to blame

I cannot speak on behalf of the entire Team Mortgage Company, but in the case of Christine Mitchell, I have nothing but negative feedback to give. I have been in the process of looking to buy a home now for several months. My realtor suggested Christine Mitchell of Team Mortgage Company. My experience with her was absolutely horrible.

Understanding that my credit was not by any means healthy, I was willing to work with anyone who could supposedly help. After paying off a couple debts, Christine assured me that I would be approved for an FHA home loan. I was given a signed pre-approval letter from Team Mortgage Company and Christine Mitchell, and put an offer in on a home. I had paid $275 for a home inspection, and had done everything Christine suggested to make sure my credit was okay for underwriting. One such suggestion was to have my father add me as an authorized user to his credit card. [continued below]....

..... Without any further instruction, I followed her advice, only to have my credit drop significantly when this was reported on my credit. Needless to say, my loan was denied in underwriting almost 5 weeks later.

Christine was horrible at communicating. She completely mislead me, as well as my sister who was also pre-approved by Christine and denied a mortgage at underwriting. She would not respond to my questions, was completly and totally unprofessional during the entire process. Even though we had hiccups along the way, she would always assure us that everything was fine, it's all good. A mortgage broker should know exactly what is expected by the underwriters, apparently Christine does not know this. Her email communication is written in the most vague & cryptic language. She is a pro at answering questions without giving any real information at all.

After speaking with several other reputable mortgage brokers, I found out that I should never have been given a pre-approval letter based on my credit score at the time. (It was even suggested by a large national bank that I file suit in small claims court against Team Mortgage Company). Instead of giving me advice on how to continue to improve my score, Christine filled me with empty promises and hopes. Her advice has left me in worse shape than when I started.

I beg of those that read this... please, please do not put your trust in Christine Mitchell or Team Mortgage Company. If you are a seller, do not accept any offer with a pre-approval letter from this company, especially from Christine Mitchell, if you are in a similar situation as I was, find a reputable mortgage broker who will not mislead and lie to you, and if you are a realtor, DO NOT use Christine Mitchell as a broker for your clients.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2014 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Christine-Mitchell-Team-Mortgage-Company/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49546/Christine-Mitchell-Team-Mortgage-Company-Entirely-misleading-loan-individual-and-unprof-1139738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Christine Mitchell - Team Mortgage Company

Individual not company to blame

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Since this was originally posted, the president of the company listed in the original complaint has personally been working with me to remedy the situation. Chritine was let go from the company and the president is doing everything he can to help me with a loan. He has assured me that this is not how his company does business and is doing everything he can to fix the situation. I have been nothing but impressed with him. He is straightforward, and to the point and has been very wonderful in communicating with me. I believe I just got the wrong person and he has corrected that. I do believe that the company listed in the original complaint is fully trustworthy and legit, but still maintain my original complaints in regards to Christine.