Complaint Review: ChristmasDepot.com

• Submitted: Sat, December 30, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 30, 2006

• Reported By:Chula Vista California
ChristmasDepot.com
750 Broadway Bayonne, New Jersey U.S.A.

ChristmasDepot.com WorldWideWeb CROOKS..DO NOT SPEND YOUR $$$ HERE! Ripogg Bayonne & Garland New Jersey Texas

These people sold me DEFECTIVE lights. 8/16 strings were JUNK and when I called to replace/refund, there was NO Customer Service available. ONLY a call center who TAKES orders!

I sent several emails which were NEVER responded to.
I had to keep calling and getting various 'stories' regarding refund/returns. I was first told that they would send DHL to pick up the lights and issue a FULL Refund. That day came and went. Then I was told I had to write an email to teamsanta@christmasdepot.com to get a return Authorization, which I refused to do as I had yet to receive a reply to ANY emails since the lights arrived. Then I was told that I could throw out the junk lights and they would issue a full refund, but I had to keep the good lights. When I declined that,
I was hung up on. I finally ended up shipping lights back to these crooks with insurance and signature confirmation during the holiday season. One box was lost in the mail and hopefully will be reimbursed by USPS. The other box was received by ChristmasDepot, but they still only issued a refund for the lights themselves, no shipping.
Total damages:

$168.80 for lights I couldn't use when they got here.
$ 41.82 for 2 day shippping for lights I couldn't use.
$ 35.42 for standard shipping/insurance/signature delivery confirm BACK to Christmasdepot.com.
Total $$$ investment 246.04.

I received a credit for 84.40(price of 8 lights;NO SHIPPING)

after filing a report with BBB.
I'm out $161.64 to date as well as an extra $50 I paid to have their junk lights pulled off my house after paying $175 to hang lights.

DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AT THIS "BUSINESS".
THEY DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR CONSUMER $$$$.

And they call themselves a 'Christmas' company! :(

Helene
Chula Vista, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2006 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ChristmasDepotcom/Bayonne-New-Jersey-07002/ChristmasDepotcom-WorldWideWeb-CROOKSDO-NOT-SPEND-YOUR-HERE-Ripogg-Bayonne-Garla-227929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ChristmasDepot.com