Complaint Review: Chrome

• Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: willysfish — Reno Nevada United States of America
Chrome
20687 Amar Rd., #2-274 Walnut, California United States of America

ChromeTakes vintage vehicle bumpers and cash with promise to return ship. Walnut, California

*Consumer Comment: The complaints go on and on

*Consumer Comment: he ripped me off too

Same story as many of the others.  Met Juan at the Hot August Nights Reno car swap.  Asked about bumpers for my 64 Fairlane 500.  Said he just sold his but would be coming back through town in a few weeks to pick up bumpers and take them back for refurbish and chrome.

Like all the other dummies, I gave him the bumpers after he photograhped them and provided an invoice for the $650 I paid. This was on August 10, 2012 and then in September I googled "chrome in walnut ca" and started seeing all the rip-off reports.  Should have done this before he picked them up - next time.

I called him on Sept 17, 2012 and left a message letting him know I have photos of him and his truck and it includes the license plate.  He called back later that day and said it was his "uncle" that was tarnishing his reputation online.  Gave me a little relief that he called. [continued below]....
.....

Now, on Sept 24th and 28th I left messages again and have not heard back.  So filing this report. I do have the photo of him and his truck and it includes his license plate - in case anyone wants it.

Filing a Grand Theft report with the police if I do not hear from him by the end of the day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chrome/Walnut-California-91789/ChromeTakes-vintage-vehicle-bumpers-and-cash-with-promise-to-return-ship-Walnut-Californ-948022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chrome

The complaints go on and on

AUTHOR: B G - ()

Chrome sucks we need to hook up I want my parts back too this guy still goes around knowing he continually rips people off this guy prays on people can't wait to see him in person

he ripped me off too

AUTHOR: chromesucks - ()

did you resolve your problem? He lost my bumpers and giving me the run around too. I found he address. If your contacting the police I like to help you out, so this guy can stop ripping people off, plus i want my money back.