Complaint Review: Chrysler - Daimler Chrysler Motors Company, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 18, 2007

• Reported By:Tracy California
Chrysler - Daimler Chrysler Motors Company, LLC
30600 Telegraph Rd. Bingham Farms, Michigan U.S.A.

Chrysler - Daimler Chrysler Motors Company, 70,000 Factory warranty not honored, transmission failed at 43,000 - machanical problems, don't buy Chrysler! Bingham Farms Michigan

Transmission on my 2003 PT Cruiser GT failed at 43,000 miles. Nice guy at local tranmission shop told me to call dealership, should be covered under warranty. I am the second owner. The warranty booklet states 70,000 mile power train warranty for ALL owners. I called 2 dealerships, the first in Tracy, CA - service manager was very rude and told me because I was second owner they would not honor the warranty. I called Stockton, CA dealership, in contrast, the service manager was very nice, but also informed me the vehicle was not covered.
(I expected them to ask for all service records before denying coverage-which I have- but they did not ask)

Stockton dealership said if I wanted to tow it 30 miles to the dealership and pay $800 more than what I was quoted at the local tranmission shop they would submit a claim, but he said Chrysler most likely wouldn't pay it. I opted to get the car fixed at the local shop ($2700.00) When the tranmission was apart the tech confirmed it absolutely should have been covered under warranty. I wrote several letters to chrylser and received several "screw you" letters. I tried to file a small claims court lawsuit, but California has no jurisdiction over Michigan. If you have similar problem and are lucky enough to live in MI, take them to court, you'll probably win, if they even bother to show up. The internet is full of Dodge/Chryler quality issues and warranty denial stories, DONT BUY CHRYSLER they do not take care of their customers.

Tracy, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2007 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chrysler-Daimler-Chrysler-Motors-Company-LLC/Bingham-Farms-Michigan-48025/Chrysler-Daimler-Chrysler-Motors-Company-70000-Factory-warranty-not-honored-transmiss-261621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chrysler - Daimler Chrysler Motors Company, LLC