Complaint Review: Chrysler Financial And ASSET Inc. (Registry = Recovery)

• Submitted: Fri, February 26, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, September 01, 2010

• Reported By: Cindi — Charleston West Virginia United States of America
Chrysler Financial And ASSET Inc. (Registry = Recovery)

Chrysler Financial And ASSET Inc. (Registry = Recovery) Terrible service and undisclosed repo guidelines. Internet

*Consumer Comment: SINCE CHRYSLER & GENERAL MOTORS ARE BOTH LINKED TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE IT NOW BECOMES CLEAR WHY THERE WAS A "CASH FOR CLUNKERS" PROGRAM WHICH USED TAXPAYER'S MONEY....

*Consumer Comment: CHRYSLER IS LINKED TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE. Anyone can 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to the site with the 5 charts and see that Chrysler Corp. is listed in 'Chart 3'....

*Consumer Suggestion: Fair debt and credit law violation?

*Author of original report: Response to a response

*Consumer Comment: Chrysler Financial no bailout money

I, like alot of people have had some financial difficulties.  When I first got my van in 2006, Chrysler failed to send me payment invoices for two months, so I never knew where to send my payments to.  That resulted in late payments.  I have had to juggle through a divorce and mounting bills, including a car that was so overpriced that it doesn't even book for 1/2 of the amount that is owed on it.

I would get calls from them if I was 1 day past my due date calling 8-10 times a day.  I forwarded a letter to them requesting that they not call me at work and gave them my cell phone number.  As a result, they failed to call me at all when there were issues with the account.  Me, believing that everything was fine, scheduled another payment in February believing that I was paying the February payment.  Well, after that payment can through, my van was reposessed at 1030pm 2/26/2010. When I contacted Chrysler the next morning believing that I could pay the past due amount and fees and get my van back, I was wrong.  They are demanding $12,500 (the payoff amount) for a van that doesn't even book at $4500 because of my payment history.  I have had extensions because of my sons surgery in 12/2008.  I had to pay 40% of that.  Right now, I have no vehicle and they are only concerned with getting their money.  Are these people not human?  Is there anything that mandates their collection practices and my rights to reclaim my vehicle?

Wasn't it Chrysler that just received government money, money that we as taxpayers pay to bail themselves out?  I do believe it was, but I guess they are the only ones allowed to have a rough time.  As everyday working people making minimal money, we should have the ability to rise above everything and have no problems.

Their reps refuse to let you talk to someone, meanwhile the 10 day clock is ticking against me and them selling my vehicle.  Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to handle this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2010 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chrysler-Financial-And-ASSET-Inc-Registry-Recovery/internet/Chrysler-Financial-And-ASSET-Inc-Registry-Recovery-Terrible-service-and-undisclosed-574938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chrysler Financial And ASSET Inc. (Registry = Recovery)

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

to keep the failed auto industry afloat in the USA, wouldn't everyone now agree?

*Anyone can 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to the site with the 5 charts and see that Chrysler Corp. and General Motors are listed in 'Chart 3', correct?

WELCOME TO THE U.S. ECONOMY- ONE BIG PONZI SCHEME
along with General Motors and many other companies, right?

Make sure to 'Google' this- ORIGINAL DISSENT WHO CONTROLS THE U.S. ECONOMY?, and go to that site and look at all of the people who are pictured there.

*No wonder General Motors & Chrysler got 'BAILED-OUT' with TAXPAYER'S money, huh?

WELCOME TO WALL STREET- ONE BIG PONZI SCHEME

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Fair debt and credit law violation?

AUTHOR: marie202 - (USA)

I invested in the repo business for a minute: Many of the individuals doing the repo work for various companies are unscrupulous and scum bags.

I would suggest that you read the Fair Debt and Credit reporting act. Certain procedures must be followed by law when your vehicle is repossed. I would also check with your state laws: Was the repo  company licensed? Did they send you proper notification? Did they let you know about property held in ;your car? did they notify you about picking up the property? I would definitely do some research.

Under the Fair Debt and Credit Federal law, credit companies are are not allowed to harass you

I would research who is the exact corportate entity behind the financial company and the repo company: your state law might say they needed to report the repo to the police: did they do this: unless they follow the state law to the letter: you may scream loud enouogh to get your car or a settlement. Depending what you find out you may want to contact a lawyer: you can always get a free consultation.

Response to a response

AUTHOR: Cindi - (USA)

This is actually in response to the person that responded to the intial post.  You probably work for them.  Chrysler Financial are two seperate entities, but they are one company under the same umbrella.  Do your research!  If Chrysler received money then the company as a whole would benefit.  Meaning if Chrysler folded then the financial portion would fold as well.

They are crooks plain and simple and Obama didn't make them "go away" they just benefited under a different manner.  Just like a corporation that has the profitable side and a Foundation under the same.  They are two seperate entities, but they are covered under one umbrella.  What affects one affects both.

They have deceptively collected when they shouldn't have and they need to be stopped.  People that care need to stand together, and the people that don't care, well stop commenting on things you know nothing about!

Chrysler Financial no bailout money

AUTHOR: carguy - (United States of America)

Just to clear one thing up, Chrysler Financial did not receive govt. bailout money.  Chrysler Motors the manufacturer did.  They are two separate companies.  In fact, Obama made Chrysler Financial go away because the DID NOT take bailout money that he wanted them to.