Complaint Review: Chrysler Financial

• Submitted: Thu, November 21, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, April 04, 2003

• Reported By:voorhees nj
Chrysler Financial
www.chryslerfinancial.com Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Chrysler Financial ripoff Unauthorized Debit to my Checking Account Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: How I resolved the problem

*Consumer Suggestion: solution for unauthorized debit

On Oct. 18th 2002 I called in my car note in the amount of $313.32. On Oct.25th,2002 another debit was taken from my checking acount in the amount of$313.32. When I checked the bank to see what happened because it caused my checking account to be over draft in the amount of $258.00.

They said that Chrysler came back into my account and with drew the money. I got copies from the bank and faxed them to Chrysler customer service 2 times and have not heard from Chrysler as of yet.

I provided bank proof that they took the money and still have not been reimbursed. I was told I would not get the money back. I was told even with proof that they debited my account that they never received it. What can I do?????

Paula
Voorhees, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2002 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chrysler-Financial/Detroit-Michigan/Chrysler-Financial-ripoff-Unauthorized-Debit-to-my-Checking-Account-Detroit-Michigan-35949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chrysler Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How I resolved the problem

AUTHOR: Norma - (U.S.A.)

I had the same thing happen to me. I faxed, several times, copies of the bank statements, fees for "interim" statements, overdraft fees, as well as a running total of my bank account (on bank letterhead) to "prove" that Chrysler caused the overdraft. I followed up with several phone calls to a specific person (make sure you get the name of whom at Chrysler you talk to), and addressed the faxes to the same person. I called to make sure the fax was received, and noted that I would send copies to the Attorney General if the matter wasn't resolved to my satisfaction within 10 days. I got my money "grudgingly". Don't withhold future payments waiting for the money because they won't acknowledge the amount they owe you. As they told me: "that is a different department, I'm just trying to collect the past due payment.".

#2 Consumer Suggestion

solution for unauthorized debit

AUTHOR: linda - ()

You need to send your complaint, along with COPIES of all supporting documents, to the Office of the Chairman of your bank. They will research every issue they receive. If your loan and checking account are with the same bank, and you were delinquent on your loan, the bank has a right per your contract, to take money from your account to help satisfy the past due amount.

If you were not delinquent, or they say they can't find the payment, the Chairman's office will be your solution. There is an audit trail on all payments taken; there is no reason why they should not be able to find it.