Complaint Review: Chrysler Financial

• Submitted: Mon, March 24, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2003

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Chrysler Financial
P.O. Box 5055 Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Chrysler Financial Told me the had a new 2001 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton, 6-cyl. PU truck for $14,000 but wrote the contract for $17,000 deceptive company fraudulent ripoff business Southfield Michigan

Told me they had a 2001 new Dodge Ram, V-6, am/fm cassette, for $1400. Wrote a contract asking if I wanted a Maintenace Plan. I said no as I had been advised against it. Salesman said in was "free" as an incentive to play. If free then I said OK. After signing, (and it ws closing time) I said, "Wait, you wroted this contract for $17,000; it should be $14,000 because of the $2,000 rebate you are giving. Sales said the store was closing, but that the Maintenance program was $2,000+ and he had added to the purchase price. Since that time I have tried to correct this error.

Took almost a year but they send me a check prorating the amount for the months it took them to respond. Then, because the have refused to send me a statement, and have even stopped sending "reminder" bills to send my payments in. If I am 3-4 days late, then almost apply 80% of my monthly $360 to interest. I pay all my bills on the first and I usually overpay the monthly amout due. Now when I try to sell the truck or trade two cars for one, they say I am upside down about $8000.

Their web site won't connect even though I enter my SS# and password. What's the point. I was so angry I told them they could come get the truck;they just blew me off. So, I cant find out my balance and will take a huge loss if I sell. They said that if they repossessed, and then sold the truck,if they did not get the balance owed, they would come after me. So, there is no good way out of this without taking a huge loss.

Holly
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2003 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chrysler-Financial/Southfield-Michigan-48086-5056/Chrysler-Financial-Told-me-the-had-a-new-2001-Dodge-Ram-12-ton-6-cyl-PU-truck-for-14-50425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chrysler Financial