Complaint Review: Cigarrest

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Sarasota Florida
170 Eucalyptus Ave Vista, California U.S.A.

Cigarrest Use of credit card scam Vista California

I ordered Cigarrest free trial offer with agreement to pay shipping of $6.95. As well a friend was interested in the product so I agreed to seperate shipments with 2 payments of $6.95.

On ordering I was told that I would receive a free 30 day supply. Eventually I did recieve 2 seperate shipments of thier products.

I was never told that if I decided I did not want the product I was to return the shipments.

When I discovered that they had put 2 charges of $99.00 each on my credit card, I called and only then did they tell me I needed to return the shipment if I did not want it. However, I was told on ordering that I could call the 800 number if I did not want further shipments. Nothing about returning what I had already received.

Upon calling about the charges to my card was then told that I had to return the product within 30 days of receiving, which I had not done so it was to late to get reimbursed for the November charges of $198.00.

I still had 1 box unopened which they said I could still return and both payments would be reimbursed. Also cancel the account. This was first call.

Today looking at my credit card bill for December I found they had charged me 2 more payments of $99.00.

So I again called the 800 number and was told that there was nothing they could do about November charges, but I could still return the partial used products as long as there were at least 30 day supply left, and be credited 1 charge of $99.00.

Now I just spent $16.00 to return the unopened box. Why could they not tell me to also include the partial shipment first call as well?

By now they have scammed me for over $400.00 for thier so called free offer trial!

Do I have any recourse?

Sarasota, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cigarrest/Vista-California-92084/Cigarrest-Use-of-credit-card-scam-Vista-California-409704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cigarrest