Complaint Review: Ciggarest

• Submitted: Fri, September 22, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 22, 2006

• Reported By:St Marys Georgia
Ciggarest
170 Eucalyptus Ave Vista, California U.S.A.

Ciggarest ripoff attempted bank fraud theft Vista California

Yeah, I saw the commercials on tv and decided to try it... I went online to do it and as I was entering the information (email address phone number etc) I saw the small print saying they would charge my account 99 and some odd dollars at the end of thirty days. Well, that's not what I bargained for so I backed out.

I was almost instantly emailed wondering if there was a malfunction that prevented me from finishing the order which I deleted. The next day I was called by the "shipping department" of cigarrest and they had a "second chance offer". It sounded good 8.95 for a ninety day supply with nothing more to pay EVER.

I jumped on the deal, they charged my "debit" account for a total of 8.95 after a few smaller charges (my wife is an accountant so she monitors our account closely). After about 20 days after I received the material they "hit" my account for 99 dollars (which wasn't there) so we got nailed for NSF fees and ran to the bank to take out what was there so we would have groceries for the week.

After fuming with cigarrest customer (no)service and anyone who would listen to me, I overnighted what was left of the material. After I was paid the amount was then STOLEN from my account and eventually credited back presumably after they received the material.

During this period I did notify the better business bureau and they assigned case number 23010705 - Bernheim and Rice INC.

It's very unfortunate that they choose to practice business this way because the fact of the matter is I was successful in quitting smoking and have been smoke free for two months now.

Jeff
St Marys, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2006 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ciggarest/Vista-California-92084/Ciggarest-ripoff-attempted-bank-fraud-theft-Vista-California-212341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ciggarest