Complaint Review: Cinaplay

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: Linda — Arlington Virginia
Cinaplay
Ciudad de Panamá, República de Panamá , Select State/Province USA

Cinaplay Film World Media Deceptive practices related to free trial and subsequent billing Ciudad de Panamá Panama

I searched online looking for a way to stream Season 2 of the TV show Continuum and one of the links was to the cineplay.com website.  I registered with my email and created a password in order to access the site.

I was then prompted for a credit card number, which the webpage stated would not be charged.  I was uncomfortable with entering the card number, but went against my better instinct and entered the number.  As soon as you hit enter, you receive an email informing you that you have a 5 day free trial and after that you'll be charged $49.95 per month.  There is no mention of any monthly charge until after you enter your credit card number.

I began searching for a way to cancel the account, and if you cancel online, you are charged a $.99 fee.  I called the toll free number provided and after a relatively short wait was connected to "Renee Smith".  She said she would cancel the account.  I asked if I would receive a confirmation email that the account was cancelled.  She said no and provided me a 7-digit confirmation number.

I plan to monitor my credit card closely to ensure there are no charges from this company on it. And to top it all off, once I was signed up, I discovered they don't even offer the show I was signing up to watch!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cinaplay/Select-StateProvince/Cinaplay-Film-World-Media-Deceptive-practices-related-to-free-trial-and-subsequent-billin-1083482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cinaplay