Complaint Review: Cincinnati Bell Wireless

• Reported By: anonymous — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Cincinnati Bell Wireless
3880 Paxton Avenue Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

*Consumer Comment: Cincinnati Bell Wireless

*Author of original report: "notice of rate increase" insufficient

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Cincinnati Bell Wireless CBW Deceptive contracts allow them to arbitrarily raise rates Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati Bell changed their rate plans only 5 months into my 2 year contract raising my bill $10. Considering I chose Cincinnati Bell because of their low cost no-frills plan, an extra $10 made it not worth the price. There are much better options with other carriers if all you want is minimum talk and text. The store clerk offered me a $5 discount for 6 months which was more insulting than anything. They also put my contract into dispute after I canceled so I couldn't port my number.

I did some research (which I should have done prior to my purchase) and apparently this is a regular thing for Cincinnati Bell. Do not trust them, they will rip you off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2012 05:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cincinnati-Bell-Wireless/Cincinnati-Ohio-/Cincinnati-Bell-Wireless-CBW-Deceptive-contracts-allow-them-to-arbitrarily-raise-rates-Cin-848282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cincinnati Bell Wireless

Cincinnati Bell Wireless

AUTHOR: Expose Companies That Steal - ()

Been with CBW for almost two years. Four of us shares 3000 minutes and have unlimited everything.
We had a two year contract. Two months in CBW change our unlimited data to 30megs. That is almost nothing if anybody knows anything about computers. We didn't have phones that were internet prone
anyway but could look be use to look up info. After several heated arguments they wouldn't make good. Now with just a few months later they jack up the each phones 5 dollars or more. My bill went from about 160 to 180 dollars. My wife and I both called several times only to be hung up on after several times debating about the increase. I can't believe the law allows crooks like CBW to present contract to people where CBW can't write their own pay check. Back when this country was America
the Attorney General shut crooks like these down. Everything the way CBW says that wasn't the way it was presented is just some way to get around being crooks. I have paid every month bill on time and CBW rewards me with a increase. You ask them why the increase and they give you some ambiguous vague piece of baloney explain multiple ways. How can people that works for crooks live with themselves. Just tell me how. I guess if our law just lets them rip us off the they think their not going to hell for stealing.
Kept Sawyer
(((ROR redacted)))

CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. Once lawyers are willing to take on a case against a business, those lawyers will make arrangements with Rip-off Report to put alleged victims in touch with them. Read this link to see why this is for your own protection.

"notice of rate increase" insufficient

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Notice from Cincinnati bell did not say "your bill is going up" it just says "our rates are changing." It is worded precisely to skirt the issue of the total price of your bill going up. You will not find out about the increase until you see a bill, more than 20-days after the "notice."

Also, most competitive rates? Laughable. Sorry, but your company designs this for the customer to lose and have no recourse. I still can't port my number because I haven't seen my final bill. Its also worth mentioning customer service lied to me about this, saying it would be available to port when my account balance was $0. I've had no service for 13 days.

No one I know will ever get CBW service if I can help it.

AUTHOR: CincyBell - (United States of America)

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell.  Our contract, as well as other wireless carriers, is a guarantee of service commitment in exchange for receiving a new handset at a price substantially below cost.  It is not a contract for a "rate guarantee" and has never been presented that way.    This allows customers to upgrade or downgrade their rate plans with no penalty.

Despite the recent rate increases, our plans remain the most competitive in the industry.

Also, customers had the option to leave their contract with no penalty had we been notified within 20-days of receiving their rate increase notice.

If you have any questions please email me at Cincinnati.Bell@fuse.net

Thanks,