Complaint Review: Cincinnati Bell

• Reported By: Amt073 — cincinnati Ohio
Cincinnati Bell
Internet USA

Cincinnati Bell Billing Scammers with Terrible Customer Service Cincinnati Ohio

I moved to the Cincinnati area a year ago.  Decided to go with Cincinnati Bell for my cell phone and internet.  I decided on a wireless plan that was supposed to be a budget plan.  I had their service called "Connect 5"  so that I could call several numbers without penalty (I had also had a home phone through them which I had turned off).

I noticed that the billing seemed to be confusing.  Even when the bill seemed high I paid it anyway (mistake number one).  Recently I had an outrageous bill charging me about $200 dollars for so called off peak calls...these calls were to numbers on my Connect 5 which I always updated and monitored it very closely in order to not get a high bill.  Once I noticed this, I called in to have the phone contract canceled and to keep the internet on.  I also explained that the data charges for the internet were not legit because the phone would access the internet while being in my purse.  I asked to be switched over to prepaid!   They agreed to keep internet on, charge me a disconnect fee for canceling my contract, and set me up on prepaid. The prepaid account was supposed to be available within 8 hrs.

So this is where things get frustrating..one day I am sitting on the computer and the internet doesn't appear to be working and when I tried to make a phone call to family, the Cincinnati Bell message comes on and then I knew that my phone was cut off....they were asking for over 260 for the past due amount.  I said well you know you never acknowledged that I dispute the bill..not only did they ignore that, they never ported the number over to a prepaid account after stating that it would be...so there I am talking on the phone like I have unlimited access!  Mind you I actually talked to them 2 times about my account being prepaid so now is the 3rd attempt.

I had to literally go off on the rep after leaving me on hold to get back on the phone and not even have a solution.  I screamed and said you need to put a supervisor on.  The supervisor finally agreed to get rid of the ridiculous charges as long as I paid the remaining 99.00.  Well I paid the 99.00 and the phone was turned back on but the internet was still off.  I had to wait until the next day and call back again because you can't get help after a certain hour with turning the internet back on.  So once again I find out the phone still hadn't been put on prepaid.

Now I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for prepaid to kick in which is very different from the original 8 hours.  I think in the end once I get time and money I will leave the internet on and get a prepaid line with someone else. The customer service rep even made an attempt to persuade me to stay in a contract. I was stupid enough to have a lame wireless plan on a contract with a low budget phone this long. I also have this fee I have been paying which is showing a home phone icon which I don't have a home phone anymore which is approximately 6.00 a month.

This experience has me afraid to even just pick up the phone until I know the prepaid kicks in since they still have me on my lame plan until then.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cincinnati-Bell/internet/Cincinnati-Bell-Billing-Scammers-with-Terrible-Customer-Service-Cincinnati-Ohio-1049558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cincinnati Bell