likes

• Updated: Sat, May 19, 2012

• Reported By: Paula — Lexington Virginia United States of America
Cindi Crawford Meaningful Beauty
41550 Eclectic Street Palm Desert, California United States of America

Cindi Crawford Meaningful Beauty WEN Hair Care shipped product and imposed charge on my credit card after unequivocally being told to cancel account Palm Desert, California

On 18 May 2011 I responded by telephone to a "Cindi Crawford Meaningful Beauty" television Infomercial for cosmetics. I made a purchase by credit card of $45.94, which was posted to my account the same day.

I was told at the time of the initial purchase that additional product would be sent to me periodically "on approval," and that I could cancel this arrangement any time, very easily, with a simple telephone call.

I found the product to be unsuitable and too expensive; I telephoned "Meaningful Beauty" and verbally cancelled any further shipments and instructed the telephone agent to close my account, and told her not to place any additional charges on my credit card.

In violation of my instructions, "Meaningful Beauty" shipped me product on 14 November 2011, and charged my credit card account an additional $47.94. I refused this shipment, and it was returned to the vendor.

Again, on 9 December 2011, I was charged an additional $39.95. This was either for the product I had already refused and returned unopened, or for product that I never received.

Again, on 5 January 2012, I was charged an additional $79.90. I have no idea what this charge was for, but, at that time, I had not received any additional product.

Again, on 3 May 2012, I was charged an additional $47.94, still not having received any additional product, which I didn't want anyway.

On 8 May 2012, I received another shipment of product, with a statement that I had been charged the above amount, and that I would receive additional charges of $39.95 each on 29 May 2012 and 26 June 2012, for a total of $127.84.

Meanwhile, I returned the latest shipment by priority mail, with tracking, which proves that it was received by "Meaningful Beauty" at 11:23 am on 10 May 2012. Subsequent numerous telephone calls from my lawyer husband have resulted in obfuscation and a general "runaround" in a transparent attempt by "Meaningful Beauty" to keep the account open, and to continue to ship me product I do not want.

As of this date (19 May 2012) my husband and I have talked to 5 (five) different "Meaningful Beauty" telephone agents, and have yet to receive any written confirmation crediting my account for the returned product, or that my account is closed. My total expenditure and projected expenditure for something I don't want, and/or have returned is presently $221.72.

This vendor is AKA Wen Hair Care and Guthy-Renker.

This information is also being provided to my credit card company and to the Federal Trade Commission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2012 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cindi-Crawford-Meaningful-Beauty/Palm-Desert-California-92260/Cindi-Crawford-Meaningful-Beauty-WEN-Hair-Care-shipped-product-and-imposed-charge-on-my-c-885097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cindi Crawford Meaningful Beauty