Complaint Review: Cingular - AT & T

• Reported By:Evansville Indiana
Cingular - AT & T
Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Cingular - AT & T No contract but would not cancel service Atlanta Georgia

My wireless bill was about $100 a month and I fell behind on my payments. They suspended my phone service. But I found out that although my phone service was suspended, I was still generating a bill. I told them to cancel the service (as I was no longer under contract) and they told me they couldn't cancel. I made four different calls to Cingular because I just couldn't believe what I was being told, and all four people agreed that they could NOT and would NOT shut off my phone service.

This put me in a Catch-22 situation. Because I was two months behind, and could only afford $100 a month, I would never get the bill paid off because it was generating $100 in charges on "the other end". And I would never get phone service back either.

I was so upset by this apparent business practice, that I wrote a letter to the AT&T mobility, the Attorney General for the State of Indiana (where I reside) and the Attorney General for the State of Georgia. By the time I had faxed all three of the letters, I had a voice mail from Cingular/AT&T telling me that they had reviewed my account and had decided to cancel my service. Coincidence? I think not.

Evansville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cingular-AT-T/Atlanta-Georgia/Cingular-AT-T-No-contract-but-would-not-cancel-service-Atlanta-Georgia-392496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cingular - AT & T