Complaint Review: Cingular - M-Qube

• Reported By:Jefferson City Missouri
Cingular - M-Qube
cingular.com Internet U.S.A.

Cingular - M-Qube ripoff Unauthorized charges to my account Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: charges for something you didnt order ATT CINGULAR cell phone bills

Several months ago I started getting charges to my Cingular account titled M-Qube. The local store has long waiting lines but I took the time to wait to remedy the situation. The sales assistant was rube and informed me I had gone online and authorized this. I never authorized or had ever visited the M-Qube site. After a long discussion he informed me that he would credit the charges but that it was still my fault. He told me that I must be opening the messages which I had never done. He assured me that he had stopped the messages from coming again.

The next month I again received charges. I went to the store and found about an hour wait. After waiting for 30 minutes I phoned the Cingular 800 customer service # and continued waiting in line. After a long discussion and two reps they told me that they may not be able to credit the charges. They also told me they could not stop future charges and I had to call M-Qube to cancell what I had never ordered. They also told me the opposite the previous rep had about the charges - that I had to open the messages to decline the offer to keep from being charged. I hung up the phone and left the store after having been there for 45 minutes.

I have not been able to contact anyone else with Cingular. Their web site is set up for sales and not customer service. No wonder considering the treatment they give to their customers.

Jack
Jefferson City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2007 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cingular-M-Qube/internet/Cingular-M-Qube-ripoff-Unauthorized-charges-to-my-account-Internet-251831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cingular - M-Qube

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ben - (U.S.A.)

I was charged for 3 months an extra 10$ for something I never ordered. I called AT&T and was told I must have opened a text message from this company and that is how I was signed up. They did credit my account and asked me if I would like them to disable any third party businesses from being able to text me..you may want to do the same. I realy have had great customer service from them the past 10 years so maybe call again. But I would reccomend disabeling third party text messages to everyone!! who wants junk mail on there cell phone anyway, You can still send and receive text from friends.

#2 Consumer Suggestion