Complaint Review: Cingular Wireless / AT&T Wireless

• Submitted: Wed, February 27, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2008

• Reported By:Fresno California
Cingular Wireless / AT&T Wireless
P.O. Box 2300 Young America, Minnesota U.S.A.

At&T Cingular Wireless / AT&T Wireless Withholding Our Rebates Young America Young America Minnesota

I purchased a Samsung phone in late December 2007. I submitted all required information, proofs of purchase, receipts, etc. via certified mail. This information was received by Cingular/AT&T in late January.

The rebate form states that I should receive our rebates 'within 10-12 weeks after. . . rebate request has been received and verified.' I recieved a letter in the mail stating exact words

"We thank you for your interest in the AT&T VISA Rebate off. We regret that we are unable to process because your request did not meet the following requirements:

-No active service at the time of verification."

This is quite humerous because my phone was activated right off the bat when I finish my purchase. So I don't understand what they mean by "No active service at time of verification" when clearly my phone was in full working condition.

To date, I have not received any rebates. When I contacted customer service, I was told I should have our rebates "2-3 days". I called again a week later and was told, "no, it will be in 2-3 weeks" So I was like ok. Waited a few days, having a smile on my face thinking my rebate card will be on it's way. To my surprise they sent me another letter saying the exact same thing! I called again, today. After some stalling question he tells me your rebate card we be coming in 21 business days.

Here I am waiting "21 days" which I doubt it'll be coming. I mean where do I go from here?

Related
/Cellular-Phone-Companies/Cingular-Wireless-AT/cingular-wireless-at-t-wirel-W6B8D.htm

Annoyed_customer
Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2008 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cingular-Wireless-ATT-Wireless/Young-America-Minnesota-55553-2300/AtT-Cingular-Wireless-ATT-Wireless-Withholding-Our-Rebates-Young-America-Young-America-312584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cingular Wireless / AT&T Wireless