• Report: #251903

• Submitted: Sat, June 02, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2008

• Reported By:Beaverton Oregon
Cingular Wireless - At&t Wireless - Motorola
15 East Midland Ave Paramus, New Jersey U.S.A.

Cingular Wireless - At&t Wireless - Motorola sent me a raz'r with defective earspeaker as a replacement for same defect and will not replace it ripoff Paramus New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Report the issues right away

*Author of original report: ATT Cingular made good on the phone issue

I purchased Raz'r in Feb 06 from Cingular store at Washington Square Mall in Tigard, OR. I was told no insurance could be purchased for phone. I signed 2 yr contract with Cingular. Right away, I had intermittent problems with Raz'r earpiece going silent after putting phone back on loud after being on silent or vibe.

I finally got the phone replaced in January of 07 while still under warranty after many phone calls and passing the buck, "you're not the account holder etc; your phone is not under warranty after 30 days etc". In March 07 I noticed the same problem with the refurbished phone. I put up with the problem because it did not occur all of the time. Now the earpiece and keypad sound is silent and I cannot seem to reset it by volume controls, resetting, turning off and on etc.

I spent 5 hours on the phone with troubleshooting, warranty service and customer service and was told I must pay $175. for early contract termination fee or pay $154.00 for another refurbished phone with an additional two year contract, or pay out of pocket full price for a new phone of my choice.

I cannot get free upgrade until November 07 or cancel my contract until February 08, but must live with a defective phone which I can only hear if it is on speaker phone. I asked for any alternative which was cheaper than $175. and was told there is nothing they will do for me.

MeRobaron
Beaverton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2007 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cingular-Wireless-Att-Wireless-Motorola/Paramus-New-Jersey-07652/Cingular-Wireless-Att-Wireless-Motorola-sent-me-a-razr-with-defective-earspeaker-as-251903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cingular Wireless - At&t Wireless - Motorola

Report the issues right away

AUTHOR: Jenant06 - (U.S.A.)

when you are having a problem with your equioment you need to contact the company right away. i talked to a customer today who had a problem with her phone for the last 6 months and never called to advised of this.

The issue can be addressed in a timely manner if you report the issue when it happens. Or contact the warranty department directly.

ATT Cingular made good on the phone issue

AUTHOR: E - (U.S.A.)

ATT Cingular sent me a new raz'r after I filed a FCC report on them. They were very forthcoming and called me back to make sure that I was satisfied. They have dedicated employees for handling FCC complaints quickly.
I am satisfied with ATT's resolution of my problem.