Complaint Review: Cingular Wireless

• Submitted: Fri, February 27, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2004

• Reported By:Dayton Ohio
Cingular Wireless
www.Cingularwireless.com Dayton, Ohio U.S.A.

Cingular Wireless ripoff, waited 4 years, then sent my mom into collections, horrible customer service Dayton Ohio

In 1999 I signed a contract with Cingular with my mother as a co-signer (I was 17 at the time). My phone was stolen about 3 months later. I called Cingular to try to get out of the contract. After much debate the CSR I spoke with negotiated with me to take 6 months off my contract as a courtesy. I paid off the contract at the end of the 6 month period and everything was said and done. Or so I thought.

4 years down the road my MOM received a collection notice in her name at HER address. 4 years went by with no attempt at collecting the money from either of us (As if I owed the money-which I don't). I have tried speaking to supervisors, different CSR's, the BBB, Legal Aid... everything. Cingular will not cooperate in any way. I've asked for copies of bills, they won't send them. This is still an unresolved issue...please help!

Dayton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2004 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cingular-Wireless/Dayton-Ohio-45432/Cingular-Wireless-ripoff-waited-4-years-then-sent-my-mom-into-collections-horrible-cust-82176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cingular Wireless