Complaint Review: Cingular Wireless

• Submitted: Fri, December 05, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2003

• Reported By:essex Maryland
Cingular Wireless
www.cingular.com Essex, Maryland U.S.A.

Cingular Wireless/Cellular One ripoff, fraudulent billing, dishonest contracts, disrespectful poor customer service Baltimore Maryland

A couple of years ago, I was with Cingular, formerly Cellular One, and loved their service. They were courtious and pleasant to deal with. I got the phone before they became Cingular. I was very careful when signing up since I had seen my friends go thro' hell with cellphone companies. I asked the customer service people on THREE seperate occasions, what kind of plan I had and they all confirmed it was:"350 minutes and free nights and weekends plus free extended calling area".

When it got near time for me to renew my contract, I got a bill for $700+. I called them up and they told me that my deal was for 6 months of free night and weekends. I spoke to a lady and explained to her that my contract specifically says a year. She said it was OK that she would talk to har supervisor and remedy the situation.

My next bill came with $1380 as the bill. I called them back and they told me to fax them a copy of my contract. I did but nothing changed. After speaking to several customer service people for two more days and a superviser, I faxed them the contract again and a day later, they told me that my contract does not tell them anything conclusive and that it is my responsibility to pay. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could not believe my ears. I tried pleading my case but they disconnected my phone and sent me a bill of $1860 and change.

All attempts to get them to review the bill and my contract have failed and I was and still am very, very pissed off. I never got another cellphone to date. I wish someone could make them pay for the damage they've done to my credit.

Charles
essex, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2003 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cingular-Wireless/Essex-Maryland/Cingular-WirelessCellular-One-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-dishonest-contracts-disrespect-74112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cingular Wireless