Complaint Review: Cingular/AT&T In Lubbock, TX

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Wolfforth Texas
Cingular/AT&T In Lubbock, TX
5109 82ND ST, UNIT 4 Lubbock, Texas U.S.A.

Cingular/ AT&T In Lubbock, TX Deceptive Practices to Con Consumers out of More Money Lubbock Texas

On or about May 5, 2008, I added a third line "for only $9.99" for my daughter as a birthday gift. I also "updated" my contract at that time for unlimited calls and unlimited texting on the "Family Plan" for "only $175/month".

The first bill I received was for $252.00, the second bill I received was for $256.00, as were the third and the fourth. Since upgrading my plan in May, I have contacted AT&T customer service to no avail. No one can explain why my $175/month "contract" is consistently billed at $256.00/month. On a monthly basis we have 3,500+ minutes that roll over, clearly indicating that I need to downsize our "Family Plan" for three cell phones.

To date, since May 2008, I have paid $808 for May-June-July, at which time I quit paying my bill since no one in customer service could (1) explain the overcharges, (2) give me a rightful credit of the difference between my contract and their charges. Finally, two weeks ago, K. in customer service applied a $68.00 credit to my total as she indicate she could not make it retroactive to May, as their computers are not set to go beyond the past 30 days. She asked me to "allow one full billing cycle for the charges to show up."

A few days later I received my bill for Sept-Oct for a whopping $798.00+ less the $300 I sent in on 1 October. This leaves me with a balance of roughly $498.00. The way I figure it, I have a total of $1,050 charges (6 months at $175.00 as listed on my "contract") less the $808.00 I have already paid, leaving me a balance due of $242.00.

All three of my wonderful and painful "Family Plan" phones were disconnected yesterday due to non-pay. As a 58yo mother of five workign fulltime and living on a limited budget, this is my only means of communication with my children. I am angry at the monopolizing tactics of AT&T and their underhandedness in dealing with their customers.

This is a "big daddy" company who has forgotten about the little guy they deal with on a daily basis who simply does not care how they make their money off us poor working class citizens.

Anonymous
Wolfforth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CingularATT-In-Lubbock-TX/Lubbock-Texas-79424/Cingular-ATT-In-Lubbock-TX-Deceptive-Practices-to-Con-Consumers-out-of-More-Money-Lubbo-381481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cingular/AT&T In Lubbock, TX