Complaint Review: Circiut City Store

• Submitted: Fri, July 30, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 09, 2008

• Reported By:Studio City California
Circiut City Store
13630 Victory Blvd Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

Circuit City Store ripoff refused to fix video camcorder under extended warranty Van Nuys California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Water Damage

I bought a video camcorder in November 2002 with the extended warranty till November 2005. At the time I spent $649.97 on camcorder and $134.99 on extended warranty.

In July 2004 I had a problem with the camcorder, the cassete case got stuck and was not closing.

I brought the camcorder back to the store for the repair.
Couple of days later I received an estimate that to fix my camcorder will cost me $479.55 (the camera is not even worth that much nowdays). I was told that camera had water damage and when I asked how did they find out I was told "by just looking at the camera". I did not have any water damage at all and at the same time cassette case got stock the camera was still working. How can a camera work if it was in the water?

I declined the repair and I called the store manager Shawn who was not much help at all. He said that his supervisor is on vacation and he is not authorising the repair. The only thing he suggested is for me to pay for the repair. I told him that this is not an acceptable answer. He gave me the phone number of resolution center where I spoke with Sheryl who transferred me to another line for on line service department. From there i called customer service for Circuit City and spoke with Mathew who transferred me to his supervisor Paul and nobody can not do anything about it. The only person is left to call is the CEO of the company which will be done eventually. I did leave a message for him but he did not call me back.

The only question i have why should I pay for the repair if it was not my fault? And espessially that much.

When I bought the camera the guy that sold it to me L.S. Bautista did not explained to me anything about extended warranty. He was too exited about sale of the camera, the only thing he told me that if anything will happened just bring the camera back to the store and they will take care of the rest.

And what about satisfaction garantee. I am totally not satisfied neither with the service of the store nor the product itself.

I spent so much time and nerves on that camera and nobody can help me. And by the way nobody even cared to call me to pick up the camera from the store.

Please help if you can.

Helen
Studio City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2004 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circiut-City-Store/Van-Nuys-California-91401/Circuit-City-Store-ripoff-refused-to-fix-video-camcorder-under-extended-warranty-Van-Nuys-101347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circiut City Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Water Damage

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

most companies in their extended service plan include a section that states water damage is not covered under waranty which doesnt necesarily mean you dropped it in water it could be persperation from being in your sweaty hand or by your head or even condensation from cooling off anf heating up to fast so just because you didnt drop it in water or spill water on it it doesnt mean it isnt water damaged