• Report: #194336

• Submitted: Thu, June 01, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 02, 2006

• Reported By:Chandler Arizona
Circle K Market - Manager Kimberlee Miller
1130 W. Warner Rd Bldg B Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-5607233
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Circle K Market - Manager Kimberlee Miller Ripoff Terminated for E-mail after 8 years managing stores at 90+hrs per week Tempe Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tell them 'Good Riddance!' they don't really appreciate or deserve the good employees

A new market manager came to our district. She told us that she likes to fire managers to make examples out of them. I worked approx 90 hours plus each week, managed several stores at the same time, and a top paid manager.
Kimberlee Miller used me as an example to instill fear / respect from the other managers. I have been with the company for over 8 years and worked extremely hard and dilligently every day and forfeited my vacation time each year to help out the stores.

She then went to my previous store and fired a woman I hired there after she was injured during a beer run, (Dislocated Retina and chest injuries.) Kimberlee told the employee it didn't happen and denied her workmans comp benefits and then fired her for filing a false claim !! She had eye witness and a police report, besides the doctors statement.

Chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2006 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circle-K-Market-Manager-Kimberlee-Miller/Tempe-Arizona-85284/Circle-K-Market-Manager-Kimberlee-Miller-Ripoff-Terminated-for-E-mail-after-8-years-man-194336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circle K Market - Manager Kimberlee Miller

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

Nothing changes with that company except the ownership. They don't really appreciate or deserve the good employees that they have and couldn't care less about your efforts or any of the personal sacrifices that you have made to manage their stores sucessfully.

I worked for them as a site manager for many years longer than you have and realized recently how much time that I wasted with them. I didn't recognize from the start, as many others did, that my job was just a stepping stone to something better. Job security and a mind numbing, predictable routine of the same endless problems sure do have a price.

During those years, among many other memorable events, I was personally robbed twice, observed internal and external theft of all varieties and, like you, worked extensive periods of time without any time off all while my children grew up and my parents got older. Over a ten year span, during three different conversations, I heard the faint voices of both of my aging parents and my grandmother for the last time shortly before they passed away while I was on the store's phone on duty as usual. I did a least get to attend my parents' funerals but not my grandmother's.

Finding and retaining reliable help was always an issue for my store and for most of the stores in my district. The wage that the company offered usually attracted employees who moved easily from one entry level job to another whenever it suited them. Unfortunately the few good employees usually quit because they were worn out after working double shifts for the other employees who usually couldn't be courteous enough to at least call in.

I quit several years ago and found out that there is a life beyond the limits of the store's parking lot - better pay, better environment and better hours. In addition I have found that the competition has been very happy to accept my business.

There are of course many great people that I knew who are still working for the company and there are also many that have moved on and who are very happy and doing quite well.

Try looking at this transition as a blessing in disguise. Paul you deserve better and now is the time to take your extensive retail knowledge and find not only more gainful but more meaningful employment - preferably without a 24/7 obligation!

Good Luck and whatever you do and tell them 'Good Riddance!'