Complaint Review: Circle K

• Reported By: Alan — Laughlin Nevada
Circle K
2425 Adobe Rd Bullhead City, Arizona United States of America

Circle K Overcharges Credit Card Bullhead City, Arizona

*General Comment: Did you....?

I went inside to get $10 of gas at this Circle K. I paid with my credit card (inside - at cashier)

I went out to the pump, and pumped my gas. The pump stopped at exactly $10.00

When I got home, I found out Circle K charged my card an additional $55.00 "hold". I realize the hold is supposed to go off, but if the pump stops at $10 automatically why is there any hold placed on my account?

This hold prevents me from using my credit.

I am aware that if you pay at the pump, they put a hold on money because they do not know how much gas you will pump, but when I prepay inside?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circle-K/Bullhead-City-Arizona-86442/Circle-K-Overcharges-Credit-Card-Bullhead-City-Arizona-1039992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circle K

#1 General Comment

Did you....?

AUTHOR: jussjames - ()

If you attempted to use your credit card at the pump prior to going in to prepay, even if you pumped no gas, there will be a phantom hold on the card. This is true of all pay at the pump situations. In fact, if you cancel a transaction attempting to use the card at the pump, the phantom holds tend to stay pending longer. The reason for this is that your credit card carrier is not sure if communication was lost during the transaction, and at times the batch that contains your transaction may be forwarded the next business day.