Complaint Review: Circle K

• Submitted: Fri, September 19, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, September 15, 2009

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Circle K
5805 Breckenridge Park Drive, Suite D Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Conoco Phillips/Circle K LAWSUIT FILED BECAUSE CIRCLE K REFUSED TO PAY FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT AS A RESULT OF COFFEE BURN Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Also burned by circle k coffee

* : Sarcastically Surprised

This is actually an update to the report I filed in May 2003. I am the person who was scalded when the styrofoam cup that I was pouring coffee into at a Circle K Store in North Tampa, Florida, separated on the bottom, causing the hot coffee to gush out and inflict 2nd degree burns to my leg.

At the time of the incident, the Circle K employees made NO ATTEMPT to assist me or to even ask what happened. Circle K uppper-level management chose to ignore the incident. I received a call from their insurance adjuster the next morning who advised that it wasn't their problem and to go after the manufacturer of the cup. I tried to explain to her that it was not my intention to pursue litigation and that all I wanted was for them to take care of my medical treatment.

I called Conoco Phillips Attorney in Houston who, although promised he would "get right on it" and get back to me, never bothered to return any of my calls. Instead, nearly 2 months later, I received another call from their insurance adjuster with the same story.

Finally, I ended up filing a lawsuit in Hillsborough County, Florida on August 29, 2003. They were served on September 8, 2003 and I am awaiting their response.

All this because they have no regard for the health and safety of human beings and were not willing to settle the problem by merely paying my medical expenses.

I think the public has a right to know the whole story (which is too long to get into here) because too often individuals are accused of filing "frivilous" lawsuits when, in fact, the responsible parties force the victims to do sue them.

Jo-Ann
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2003 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circle-K/Tampa-Florida/Conoco-PhillipsCircle-K-LAWSUIT-FILED-BECAUSE-CIRCLE-K-REFUSED-TO-PAY-FOR-MEDICAL-TREATME-67206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circle K

Also burned by circle k coffee

AUTHOR: charity s - ()

On april 10 th 2014 i was burned  by coffee at circle k in las vegas nevada. i was also told the same thing that it was the maker of the cups fault. i am in the process of filing a lawsuit.

#2

Sarcastically Surprised

AUTHOR: Imaginaryfeelings - (USA)

I know your report is from a good whille ago so how did things go?

As per Information,
  You can contact 1 888 933 7266

If this had Occurred within my county I could also give you the area manager's number but I don't know if she manages that one too.

I know the store policies and I know that they should have acted.
While I in no way shape or form represent the company aforementioned I do apologize that they were so careless and rude. I hope you get the restitution you seek.

-Me.