Circuit

• Submitted: Tue, October 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 30, 2008

• Reported By:Grand Terrace California
Circuit City San Bernardino
Hospitality Ave San Bernardino, California U.S.A.

Circuit City San Bernardino NO REFUND, forced to have 400.00 store credit! San Bernardino California

*UPDATE Employee: I am sorry, but...

*Consumer Comment: I'm sorry for your streak of bad luck...

*Consumer Suggestion: Seems like a no-brainer.

I searched for a Wii console and all the goodies to go with it. Hoping my appeal to my husband after a motorcycle accident. Hard to find, I strted months earlier. Foundit on Jul 16 for his Aug 12 B day, but due to a broken pipe under our slab I forgot about it on his Bday and gave it to him 2 weeks later. He immediately said Im not a gamer, I won't use this get your money back.

Due to my 2 surgeries, and him recouping from his most recent, I finally got it into the car a week ago as I* can't lift it due to a broken back. They were happy to see it, said it would be sold by the end of the day. Then tell me, oh, it's beenover 30 days I can only give you store credit.

I don't want and don't need store credit. Now i remember why i always shop at COSTCO. They give eme a phone number to call in India.

I get told the same thing. DO NOT BUY any Xmas gtifts or products from Circuit City, they hold you hostage aqnd make you spend your money there. This is robbery! I do not need anything from them and this is allot of money. I made a mistake ofr purchasing a Samsung DLP TV from them back in 03 for almost 4k and they never fixed it right. How are they stilol in business?

I want my money back and they can sell the Wii and it's parts to some other sucker. This is not customer service, this is robbery and holding my money hostage!

Michaele
Grand Terrace, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-San-Bernardino/San-Bernardino-California/Circuit-City-San-Bernardino-NO-REFUND-forced-to-have-40000-store-credit-San-Bernardino-385734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City San Bernardino

I am sorry, but...

AUTHOR: D. G. Jr - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry, but the store was not wrong with this issue. Being an employee myself, I can say that the return policy is very clear when items are purchased. The reality is, if the purchase was over 30 days old, then the store was not obligated to do anything for you- including store credit! Consider it a gift that they even gave you that!

I'm sorry for your streak of bad luck...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

But the store isn't in the wrong here. Their return policy is clear.

You didn't have to take the store credit. If all of that stuff was brand new, you easily could have sold it for cash on Craigslist for close to what you paid.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Seems like a no-brainer.

AUTHOR: Captaincrunch - (U.S.A.)

Whose fault was it that you "forgot" to return it to circuit city within the expressed return policy? Technically, they're not even obligated to give you anything for your item, so they did you a favor by giving you store credit. (And no, I don't work for Circuit City, but I worked other retail stores in the past).

Furthermore, you bring up varying disabilities as if that makes you entitled to something. It does not. You could have just as easily left out these inconsequential details, and the story would have gone something like this:

"I forgot to give this gift before the return period was over. I returned it after it was over. They were reasonable and gave me store credit, when they were under no obligation to give me anything at all."

Oh, the humanity.