Complaint Review: Circuit City Stores - First North American National Bank

• Submitted: Fri, July 23, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, July 23, 2004

• Reported By:maumelle Arkansas
Circuit City Stores - First North American National Bank
9960 Mayland Drive Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Circuit City Stores C/o First North American National Bank cancelled fake debt which cost us money! Rip-off! Richmond Virginia

Circuit City and or First North American National Bank are sending the I.R.S. form 1099-c to report Debt Cancelled for my wife and I for the year 2002. We have never had a credit card from either one nor can we ever remember purchasing anything from them. The I.R.S. looks at cancelled debt as income and now wants us to pay tax and penalities because we didn't claim this as income.

I'm sure the bank or company will let the I.R.S. know that this was a type-o when we ask them to prove our purchase. This bank and company are trying to use the system like this in hopes of avoiding their on tax. We all would be amazed at the people who pay or their estate pays just to be rid of anything related to the I.R.S. It will not happen here, we will see it to the bitter end.

maumelle, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2004 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-Stores-First-North-American-National-Bank/Richmond-Virginia-23233/Circuit-City-Stores-Co-First-North-American-National-Bank-cancelled-fake-debt-which-cost-100233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City Stores - First North American National Bank