Complaint Review: Circuit City Stores, Inc. # 1610

• Submitted: Fri, April 23, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, September 26, 2005

• Reported By:Waco Texas
Circuit City Stores, Inc. # 1610
4905 W. Waco Drives Waco, Texas U.S.A.

Circuit City Stores, Inc. # 1610 Failed to inform me of a restocking fee if a item is returned. I was charged $164.99 when I returned item. Waco Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Tell us the whole story please!

*UPDATE Employee: Ripoff?

I purchased a notebook computer from Circuit City in Waco, Texas.

The computer was purchased for a non-profit youth organization; "The Young Marines" which is a tax free organization, however Circuit City charged me tax on the item.

After I purchased the notebook computer and upon checking contents after I got home, I found that the operating software was missing. When I attempted to return it the store manager advised me of the restocking fee. When I purchased it I was not informed of a restocking fee. I feel I have been ripped off for $164.99 plus time and trouble.

Our organization was going to purchase a total of 5 computers from Circuit City if they proved to be of use to us.
Sales ticket 161001365290
Circuit City Incident # 11514

Ben
Waco, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2004 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-Stores-Inc-1610/Waco-Texas-76710/Circuit-City-Stores-Inc-1610-Failed-to-inform-me-of-a-restocking-fee-if-a-item-is-retu-88671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City Stores, Inc. # 1610

Tell us the whole story please!

AUTHOR: OMeSSiaHo - (U.S.A.)

What laptop did you get? The only laptops sold right now that I know of that come with restore disks are Toshiba, Apple, and a few HPs and Compaqs. Your laptop simply didnt come with restore disks so there was nothing missing.

Also if you are doing a non-profit sale and dont have the paperwork or the right card you will still have to pay taxes. You can submit a form to verify that you are in fact a non-profit group and get your discount that way.

So, what laptop did you purchase? I will be able to tell you if it comes with restore disks. And did you send in the proper paperwork?

Ripoff?

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

The return policy is printed on your receipt, also it is a good habit as a consumer to ask what the return policy is on a product before you purchase it from any store. As far as a restocking fee this is a common policy at most major electronic retailers. If you were truly returning it because it was lacking software you could have exchanged it for the same item without a restocking fee within the 14 day period. So I fail to see a rip off in this report.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC