Complaint Review: Circuit City Stores Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, January 16, 2000
  • Updated: Sun, January 16, 2000

• Reported By:St. Helens Or
Circuit City Stores Inc.
1772 Jantzen Beach Center Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

Circuit City Stores Sells defective merchandise and rips you off

My husband went to Circuit City Store 3316 in Portland Oregon on November 26th and purchase a cordless phone for my parents for Christmas. After charging the phone for the directed amount that the directions instructed them to do, they started using it, and after a couple of days it started cutting out when talking to someone. My mom then called me and asked me where we bought the phone and was it possible to return it for another one because that one didn't work right. So on January 15th, 21 days after the phone had been opened and plugged into charge, my husband took it back with the receipt and asked foran exchange.

He was told by the store manager that because it had more than 30 days since the purchase there was nothing that they could do for him. So when he returned home and told me what had happened

I called the store and talked to the same manager that he had spoke to and asked why they wouldn't exchange the phone for one that worked and he told me the same thing as my husband. So I explaned to him that we had bought this on the 26th of November but we didn't have our gift exchange with my parents until the 26th of December and so there for the phone had only been used for 3 weeks and he said that it was to bad because it had been more than 30 days since purchase.

I then asked him that if a person were to come into there store in Sept. or Oct. and purchase something for someone for a Christmas present and this person didn't open it until Dec. 25th and discovered at the time that it was defective they would be out of luck because of when the day of purchase was and he said yes that is true, that they dont refund or exchange anything after 30 days.

So I let him know that he hadn't heard the last from me that I would continue to pursue this until it was made right, but that I would never shop in there store again and I would tell everyone that I know what a rip off they are.
Stacie Jauron

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-Stores-Inc/Portland-Oregon-97217-7845/Circuit-City-Stores-Sells-defective-merchandise-and-rips-you-off-1143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City Stores Inc.