Complaint Review: Circuit City Stores, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, July 21, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, July 21, 2010

• Reported By: Zack — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Circuit City Stores, Inc.
2731 Palisades center Dr, West Nyack, NY West Nyack, New York United States of America

Circuit City Stores, Inc. Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan West Nyack, New York

On May 1, 2008 I purchased a Notebook HP DV2810us for $741.71.  The salesman, K.M., convinced me to purchase the Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan and he stated that it would cover accidental damage and I purchased the coverage plan for $296.68. Approximatly 40% of the computer value.  Two years later my laptop broke and I called the coverage providers and they informed I only have basic coverage and they will not cover accidental damage.  I checked the current coverage plans online, which is inclusive of accidental damage, and I found that the price that I paid was comparable to the price of the Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan Plus which covers accidental damage.  I tried to explain this to the coverage provider however they declined my request to honor the plan that I purchased and cover accidental damage. And since Circuit City went out of buisness I have no way of contacting the company's customer service dept. or the sales dept.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2010 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-Stores-Inc/West-Nyack-New-York-10994/Circuit-City-Stores-Inc-Circuit-City-Advantage-Protection-Plan-West-Nyack-New-York-625465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City Stores, Inc.

TEA