Complaint Review: Circuit City Stores

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2007

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Circuit City Stores
9954 Mayland Drive Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Circuit City Stores no rebates received Richmond Virginia

*Consumer Comment: comment

*Consumer Suggestion: How long has it been

bought six SanDisk 1GB Ultra II CompactFlash Cards from Circuit City Stores. I even went to the East Colonial Store to pick up the three that I bought there, but they did not have them, so they had to refund my money. I wasted much time and money going to that store. I was able to get three mailed to me, and three that I picked up at the Alafaya store. I sent in the copies of the receipts and UPC codes along with the rebate form. The call center kept saying to wait and wait until they said it is too late. They now claim they never received the rebates although they say they show the tracking number (212882852) that is given when downloading the information that is needed to send in the rebate. I paid $127.77 three times for each of the three CompactFlash Cards. At https://ssl.circuitcity.com/ccd/myaccount/orderStatus.do?c=1 you can see that I bought the items. I can not get anyone to help. Since I can not get the rebates, I just want to return the items, but the stores will not take the items back since it has been so long. I bought these only because the rebate brought the price down to half price. Any help would be appreciated, but I just want to return the items; they are unopened in the original containers. Thank you. I get emails from them telling me to call 877-224-8966 option 1, option 4, but each time I call I get the recording "if you want to make a call, please hang up and call again..."

jon
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2007 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-Stores/Richmond-Virginia-23233/Circuit-City-Stores-no-rebates-received-Richmond-Virginia-291715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City Stores

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

the number you posted works for me....maybe your phone is broke

#2 Consumer Suggestion

How long has it been

AUTHOR: Cc - (U.S.A.)

normally CC rebates take 8 weeks to process...(that's 2months)...if after 2 months u have not received the rebates then u can resubmit the rebats or call the rebate center where u sent ur rebates...in ur case u claimed u called and they told u they did not receive the rebate form submission but did they tell u anything else??....u could have resubmitted the info...unless u called too late...i think after 10 months the promotion is closed and no rebates can be submitted then. I know this because once i sent this rebate and they never got it so i called 2 months after i submitted and they advised me to resubmit... they let me do it by fax...and a month later i got my check...a friend of mines also did not get hers and she called CC customer service (not rebate center) and they helped her get her rebate. oh and the tracking # may be a web pre submission that u may have done but they still need to receive the mail in form at rebate center...But i am not sure about the details on ur case....so hopefully it is not too late for u but if u waited too long then sorry