Complaint Review: Circuit City Stores

• Updated: Thu, May 10, 2007

• Reported By:silver spring Maryland
Circuit City Stores
www.ccityrebates.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Circuit City Stores Mail In Rebate Center Did not receive my mail in rebate (MIR) of $50 for Western Digital My Book Essential ripoff Wheaton Maryland

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: i think i know whats wrong

This issue is about the MIR (mail in rebate) for the hard drive. I completed and mailed in all the necessary information required by the MIR promotion in order to receive a rebate of $50. The MIR department acknowledged that they received all the proper documentation required for the rebate but said that it was an invalid purchase price. I spoke to the STORE manager at my local circuit city and he said that there should be no problem in getting the $50 rebate. But when I called the MIR customer service line they refused to validate my rebate. I

called the MIR customer service line about 2-3 times more and told them that the store manager said there should be no problem. But they refused. I just want the $50 rebate that I am entitled to. Thank you for your time and assistance. I really appreciate it. I listed information below that may help you. Rebate tracking number: xx575 List of contacts: www.ccityrebates.com Customer Service to (800) 843-2489

Khoa
silver spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2007 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City-Stores/nationwide/Circuit-City-Stores-Mail-In-Rebate-Center-Did-not-receive-my-mail-in-rebate-MIR-of-50-f-247205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City Stores

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

Usually when a rebate company refuses to honor a rebate because of an 'invalid purchase price' it usually means that you used a coupon or something when you purchased the product. The coupon would have then made your product cheaper and now the warranty company will not honor the warranty because you did not purchase the item at its original price.

When I worked for Circuit City we usually just had one of our customer service associates call the rebate center and have everything fixed. Maybe try doing that.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds